JoinMyBand alternatives

What's Hot
HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9687
Join My Band is ok-ish and presumably gets the most footfall as people have heard of it. However it’s far from perfect (although that’s at least partly because a certain percentage of its subscribers are twonks).

Others I’m aware of are BandMix (IMO poorly thought out and executed), and Find-a-Musician which seems to work but I guess doesn’t get the footfall of JMB.

Anything else out there that would be useful for Fretboarders to know about?
I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Local Facebook groups. Certainly see musicians wanted/ available on one here from time to time. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Whilst it might be worth trying other sites, I suspect you will always have challenges with either putting a new band together or joining an existing band, eg band dynamics, aspirations, level of commitment, abilities, etc. 
  • Facebook and gumtree seems to be the place round here.
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3661
    You have to kiss a lot of frogs in order to find your prince
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9687
    Musicwolf said:
    You have to kiss a lot of frogs in order to find your prince
    CarpeDiem said:
    Whilst it might be worth trying other sites, I suspect you will always have challenges with either putting a new band together or joining an existing band, eg band dynamics, aspirations, level of commitment, abilities, etc. 

Both good points. I’m probably blaming JMB when, actually, a lot of the issues lie elsewhere.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • From my memories of JMB if you post a clear ad you will get suitable responses. A lot of people seem to look at JMB but don't want to deal with the nonsense so don't place ads themselves. And a lot of the ads are too vague or garbled. You can always be in a band if you are prepared to do the admin. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.