Reslo microphone lead converter

What's Hot
Hi does anyone know where I can source a converter for a old  reslo microphone.

I have seem a few original ones sold on reverb but at a £100 would be out of my price range especially as I do not know if the mic is working.

Also not too sure if the lead has been modded as it runs to one output then back out  again into another. 

Any cheap options out there? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2417
    Your best option would be to remove the connector at the other end of the cable from the mic, and replace it with an XLR. Or talk to Stewart at Xaudia
  • Stuckfast said:
    Your best option would be to remove the connector at the other end of the cable from the mic, and replace it with an XLR. Or talk to Stewart at Xaudia
    Thanks , could not work out if a standard XLR would be a direct replacement or even which of the outputs to replace.

Will drop Xaudia an email .
    thanks again
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72448
    I've got a few bits of these, but you probably don't need anything to check the mic works. The connector with the three solid pins goes to the mic - remove the one with two hollow pins and fit an XLR. The cable should have two cores and a screen, the screen goes to pin 1 of the XLR and the cores to 2 and 3, it doesn't matter which way round. Check the continuity in the cable, since the cable retention is poor in the plugs and they can get twisted and broken or shorted quite easily.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    I've got a few bits of these, but you probably don't need anything to check the mic works. The connector with the three solid pins goes to the mic - remove the one with two hollow pins and fit an XLR. The cable should have two cores and a screen, the screen goes to pin 1 of the XLR and the cores to 2 and 3, it doesn't matter which way round. Check the continuity in the cable, since the cable retention is poor in the plugs and they can get twisted and broken or shorted quite easily.
    Thanks, ordered a xlr connector and will update once wired up