The song attached to the (Riff of the Month) award winning riff....

What's Hot
IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
edited February 2023 in Making Music
I think it was last month's RotM challenge that I posted this one in, thought you might like to the hear the finished song. Written in collaboration with a guy from the US (he does the lyrics and I sort out the rest), I don't really know what it's about but the character in the song sounds like a right piece of shit. Enjoy!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BezzerBezzer Frets: 586
    Well I like it :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    Bezzer said:
    Well I like it :) 
    Cheers mate, tenner is in the post....
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 252
    I like it too. I thought I could hear some similarity with ‘The Devil Smiles’ that I’d heard on the forum, and when I tapped the signature link I realised that was you too!  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Habanero said:
    I like it too. I thought I could hear some similarity with ‘The Devil Smiles’ that I’d heard on the forum, and when I tapped the signature link I realised that was you too!  =)
    Wow, you were up late/early! Yes The Devil Smiles was also my vocal work. I re-did the lyrics for that song as the original lyrics were written by Stu's friend and the two of them had fallen out, with his friend refusing to allow Stu to use his words. The original lyrics were based on a Sharon Stone western! I did like the idea of having a gun in the lyrics though so I worked that into the second verse. My lyrics were not based on a film.
    IMC1980 said:

Wow, you were up late/early! Yes The Devil Smiles was also my vocal work. I re-did the lyrics for that song as the original lyrics were written by Stu's friend and the two of them had fallen out, with his friend refusing to allow Stu to use his words. The original lyrics were based on a Sharon Stone western! I did like the idea of having a gun in the lyrics though so I worked that into the second verse. My lyrics were not based on a film.

Unfortunately I have some health issues which sometimes wake me up in the early hours, last night being particularly bad. The forum and YouTube are my friends at that time of day.

Sounds like Stu and his friend had the classic 'musical differences'! I recall thinking The Devil Smiles could have come from a Young Guns soundtrack when I originally heard it.
    Habanero said:
    IMC1980 said:

Unfortunately I have some health issues which sometimes wake me up in the early hours, last night being particularly bad. The forum and YouTube are my friends at that time of day.

Sounds like Stu and his friend had the classic 'musical differences'! I recall thinking The Devil Smiles could have come from a Young Guns soundtrack when I originally heard it.
    Sorry to hear that mate, hope you are coping OK; lack of sleep is an unpleasant addition to any health issue. 

Yes, I don't know what went on with his mate but they were not on good terms at all. I think he tried to stop Stu using the music and melody as well, even though Stu came up with it. It definitely has a cowboy/Young Guns/Wanted Dead or Alive feel to it, I even called it The Cowboy Song before we named it!
  • Sounds great @IMC1980 you talented git.

Can't believe that Stu had a disagreement with someone...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2023
    IMC1980 said:

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you are coping OK; lack of sleep is an unpleasant addition to any health issue. 

Yes, I don't know what went on with his mate but they were not on good terms at all. I think he tried to stop Stu using the music and melody as well, even though Stu came up with it. It definitely has a cowboy/Young Guns/Wanted Dead or Alive feel to it, I even called it The Cowboy Song before we named it!
    Cheers. I'm awaiting the second part of an operation I had last September, but it needs a final test before being confirmed. I can't even get an appointment for the test at the moment.

That situation sounded bad. Good that you switched from The Cowboy Song which would have been too confusing.

Sounds great @IMC1980 you talented git.

Can't believe that Stu had a disagreement with someone...
    I was surprised as well!

Habanero said:
    IMC1980 said:

Cheers. I'm awaiting the second part of an operation I had last September, but it needs a final test before being confirmed. I can't even get an appointment for the test at the moment.

That situation sounded bad. Good that you switched from The Cowboy Song which would have been too confusing.

That sounds like any interaction I have with my doctor, waited 7 months for a scan, luckily it wasn't anything to worry about otherwise I probably would be typing this.
  • Yes. It sounds great.

It's not a competition.