SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT:- Gretsch G2420 - trades added..

lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2529
edited October 2023 in Guitars £
This is my Gretsch hollow body...

Think I will definitely regret this but here goes...

I got this in a trade last year. The previous owner upgraded the knobs and switch tip - original plastic knobs included.

Since then I add the Bigsby B6 - original tailpiece included. It is a joy to play and the blacktops have that rootsy blues growl when pushed. It is in great condition and comes with a Gretsch hardcase.

I am only selling it because I need the neck to be a smidge bigger/rounder.  From what I have read this is one of the bigger/fuller C neck profiles in the G range but for my dodgy elbow it's just not enough of a handful.

Although it comes with a hardcase I do not have the packaging to ship this, so it's collection or meet up (reasonable distance) only.

Collection from Langley (M4 jct 5) £400 ppg 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2529
    edited April 2023
    I've removed the bigsby and reduced it to £300. Can still revert it back if you want it with the B3. Note there is a small hole showing under the strap pin where the bigsby was installed

https://i.imgur.com/qm26tcL.jpeg

edited October 2023
    Any interest before I trade this beauty in? Would trade for a Supro Delta/Blues King amp or something else interesting :D 
    Putting this beauty back up for sale. £400 with US Bigsby (not currently installed) or £300 without.
  • StrumitStrumit Frets: 46
    Any chance of a pic of the hole under the strap pin please?  Was this made in Indonesia??
    edited March 29
    Strumit said:
    Any chance of a pic of the hole under the strap pin please?  Was this made in Indonesia??
    Just popping out now but I'll get more pics up later. It is the earlier version with the rosewood board.

EDIT: you are welcome to come around and check it out :+1:
    edited March 29
    It's a fair trek from Norfolk!   No rush as I am going to sell my mint Burns Shadow Special. (It's far too good for me and it's a shame to keep it locked away in its box!).
    (The honey burst one with gold coloured hardware)

Yes that is quite a trek @Strumit ;

Mmmmm!  Thanks for the pic.  I do like the "comfy" case!