SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

***SOLD*** : Sandberg California ii TT5 Superlight with East J-Retro Deluxe. £1300

fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24337
edited March 2023 in Basses £

Ideally I am looking for a specific trade. 

I would like to get a lightweight 4 string Sandberg California ii VS4 or VT4 (That's Sandberg's P and PJ models, 4 string).

They do turn up with weights as low as 7lb (3.17kg) but I would consider anything under 7.5lb (3.4kg). I'm not looking for anything heavier and because of my injuries I will have to bring scales with me for any meet up / trade. The lighter the better.

I'm quite flexible about colour / fretboard / active or passive etc. The weight is the most important thing.

The bass I am offering in trade is a Sandberg California ii TT5 Superlight.

It's 5 string,

34 scale,

45mm nut

Adjustable bridge string spacing between 18mm to 19.5mm.

I have weighed it on my Kitchen Scales and it is 3.03kg which is 6lb 11 oz

There is no neck dive.

Electronics:

It has the Sandberg Black Label stacked J pickups so there is zero hum, but instead of the usual preamp it has an East J-Retro Deluxe - specs are here: https://www.east-uk.com/product/j-retro-01-deluxe/?v=79cba1185463

It does Bass boost, mid cut and boost with a mid freq control, Treble cut and boost, passive tone, bypass in case the battery dies, a push-pull to get an even higher presence boost, and another switch with a set mid blend.

The pickups currently have black tape over them as I like that look! D Too many years of playing EMGs only I think.

Body and Neck:

Cedar wood with a Norwegian Maple neck.

Hardware:

Sandberg's own super lightweight tuners and massively adjustable bridge.

The strap buttons take a normal strap but are also Schaller strap lock compatible.

It comes with Sandberg's nice gigbag too.

Strings:

It is currently strung with a brand new set of D'addario Pro Steels. 45-65-85-105-135 (I added the slightly heavier B string)

Photos:

So if you have a suitably light weight Sandberg VS4 or VT4 then please let me know. I'm not interested in other basses (I don't think Sandberg have made any Superlight Spec Central models yet).

I'm in Northants, sort of between J15A and J16 on the M1. Happy to meet halfway for the right trade.

Or I'd sell for £1300.00

thanks

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments