New synth day..

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 843
    edited March 2023
    The only thing that annoys me about the BS2 so far is that the pitch and mod wheels are on the left.

As I have a little bit of a piano background I want to play bass parts with my left hand an control stuff with the right.

I suppose I'll just have to get used to that.
    If your going to use synths - get used to it.  there always on the left.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4168
    That looks a fun setup . I just bought an Arturia mini lab Mk ii  controller as a portable ish fun sketch pad . I like 80s synths , DX7 Juno , D50 ,Korg K1 oberheim etc but mine are all software 
    just for fun composing 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10225
    I bought a Waldorf Iridium, sold two guitars to get it. I feel like I need a degree to use it. 
  • I bought a Waldorf Iridium, sold two guitars to get it. I feel like I need a degree to use it. 
    lol.

Teh VA aspect is pretty simple to be fair.  The wavetable stuff isnt THAT hard either.

FM.... well its FM.  I know the theory behind it BUT in practice?  designing sounds from scratch is still a black art - and of course your not just stuck to sine avers (as DX7 was) .  In some ways thats easier - you could have 2 carriers in parallel with sawtooth waveforms and its not different from a typical subtractive twin osc sound at heat.   Its not digging into this FM thats making me thing about the 3rd wave instead.

Resonator is OK.  Just play around gets you a feel - though I tend to use ars one part to att an attack to a sound rather than a sound in it own right - Im not that deep into it.

Ive never known what to do regards sampling - and especially multisampling.  Ive just never needed it - so never played with it.  Im sure its not THAT hard but I dont find the urge personally.  

I get granular as well - but again its not a synthesis type I have any rewal interest in - so not tackled that aspect either.

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10225
    I bought a Waldorf Iridium, sold two guitars to get it. I feel like I need a degree to use it. 
    lol.

Teh VA aspect is pretty simple to be fair.  The wavetable stuff isnt THAT hard either.

FM.... well its FM.  I know the theory behind it BUT in practice?  designing sounds from scratch is still a black art - and of course your not just stuck to sine avers (as DX7 was) .  In some ways thats easier - you could have 2 carriers in parallel with sawtooth waveforms and its not different from a typical subtractive twin osc sound at heat.   Its not digging into this FM thats making me thing about the 3rd wave instead.

Resonator is OK.  Just play around gets you a feel - though I tend to use ars one part to att an attack to a sound rather than a sound in it own right - Im not that deep into it.

Ive never known what to do regards sampling - and especially multisampling.  Ive just never needed it - so never played with it.  Im sure its not THAT hard but I dont find the urge personally.  

I get granular as well - but again its not a synthesis type I have any rewal interest in - so not tackled that aspect either.

Yea I'm creating sounds on it already. It was just a bit frustrating figuring out what screen, what knob does what at first, and the manual isn't that explanatory. The kernel feature is incredible. I got the keyboard version.
  • I bought a Waldorf Iridium, sold two guitars to get it. I feel like I need a degree to use it. 
    lol.

Yea I'm creating sounds on it already. It was just a bit frustrating figuring out what screen, what knob does what at first, and the manual isn't that explanatory. The kernel feature is incredible. I got the keyboard version.
    yep, me too.  the Poly Aftertouch keybed is a lot better than the one of hydrasynth

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    I’ve had an hour or so with the BS2 tonight.

Just going through the presets at the mo. It’s great fun. Come up with some ideas for synth bass lines already. Need to get my drum plugins fired up next.
    Don't forget to try the paraphonic mode if not already installed/updated. I had a BS2 and stupidly sold it as it didn't do what I wanted RIGHT AWAY! :/