SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT - Withdrawn.

What's Hot
MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
edited March 2023 in Acoustics £

Mahogany body, cedar top, and a beautiful Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard.

1 3/4" nut width

Original Hiscox type case included.

Trade for something interesting, open to suggestions. Fender, Gibson, higher end guitars, maybe an amp, and I will be needing a bass shortly. Maybe a parlour sized acoustic, who knows, open to all ideas.

Message me with any enquiries or trade offers 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    Ooooh, that's pretty nice. Do you have a trade value in mind? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cowmoocowmoo Frets: 40
    edited March 2023
    Original comment withdrawn since post was amended  
    interested to see if this only affects the rosewood board.  
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited March 2023
    Some good offers, but still available just now.

Someones contacted me and said I need an article 10 CITES document to trade this.

So this is withdrawn just now until my application is processed.

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5048
    What’s the trade value? Or alternatively what specific guitars/amps would you do a straight swap for?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    edited March 2023
    Please read above, I need to get a CITES certificate or someones going to tell on me.

So this is withdrawn until the time comes I have one, apparently it takes approx 30 days

Also, I couldnt be clearer with the line "Message me with any enquiries or trade offers". Its a trade post,. Everyone knows what a Lowden costs. Just message me and offer a trade, and we'll sort something out. (but not just now though, or ill get into trouble)

• ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1131
    edited March 2023
    I think you only need a CITES certificate if you're going to import or export the guitar. If you're selling in the UK to a UK buyer you should be fine.

EDIT: It seems you need something called an Article 10. Every day's a schoolday.
    edited March 2023
     @Nick23 Ive submitted my application, just have to wait now.

• Nick23Nick23 Frets: 2
    edited March 2023
    It seems 1992 is the relevant year. 

Sorry just got a bee in my bonnet! 

Easy to find these woods on ebay. Should keep people busy!

I think I'll take up the recorder instead of the guitar.
    One things clear, when I 'do' get my article 10, I'm a gonna have to make a fresh trade post :s

• JimJim Frets: 20
    edited March 2023
    99% sure CITES was lifted in regard to musical instruments recently. The fact they were covered by it was an oversight, as the whole CITES thing was meant to stop huge solid rosewood furniture.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Jim said:
    99% sure CITES was lifted in regard to musical instruments recently. The fact they were covered by it was an oversight, as the whole CITES thing was meant to stop huge solid rosewood furniture.
    ....unless its Brazilian......
  • JimJim Frets: 20
    Aha  :)
    edited March 2023
    Well, so far my application has been submitted, receipt confirmed, a request for payment has been made from CITES, and my £31 has been paid. So I can only assume that indeed it is required. Ill update

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    MikeS said:

. Everyone knows what a Lowden costs.

Um, I have no idea what a Lowden costs! I mean, obviously I can look up the prices of new ones, but I have no idea how they relate to something like this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2023
    Stuckfast said:
    MikeS said:

. Everyone knows what a Lowden costs.

Um, I have no idea what a Lowden costs! I mean, obviously I can look up the prices of new ones, but I have no idea how they relate to something like this.

and you've got a guy @Joelbmc giving you a "wisdom" for that too <face palm>

Honestly, Its like a hive for trolls round here lately, whose sole intent is to just cause menace, thinly disguised as stupidity.

"Um" :#  You 'really' don't know what a used Lowden costs?, and you'd rather post a daft comment like that instead of researching?

@stuckfast Troll.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JoelbmcJoelbmc Frets: 6
    I agree with him, that's why I gave him wisdom.  I think this is a beautiful guitar and I'd be very interested in owning it, but I don't know what it is worth so I don't know what I should offer in trade. There is no need to be aggressive
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2023
    @Joelbmc you won't be buying it, don't worry. I block trolls, so I don't have to be "aggressive". 

3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 721
    To be honest @MikeS ; it really does help if you put a value on what you want to trade, for all involved.  I thought it was a rule, but doesn’t look like it is, I must have confused myself with another forums rules. 
    brucegill said:
    To be honest @MikeS ; it really does help if you put a value on what you want to trade, for all involved.  I thought it was a rule, but doesn’t look like it is, I must have confused myself with another forums rules. 
    It’s a for trade post, not a for sale post. No price is necessary. And no, it wouldn’t have helped me in any way having one. It might help you though on your own sale or trade post.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.