Kind of philosophical question about making music.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
    Anyone seen searching for sugar man?

I loved that movie. 
    I never did see the movie, but found out about it when I somehow stumbled into Light in the Attic records who got rights to Rodriguez’s albums.  Which I got on vinyl now.  They are so simple and beautiful and relentlessly insightful in that edgy kinda style.  He’s right there with Dylan and Reed.

I will have to see where I can access the movie.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Cranky said:
    Anyone seen searching for sugar man?

I loved that movie. 
    I never did see the movie, but found out about it when I somehow stumbled into Light in the Attic records who got rights to Rodriguez’s albums.  Which I got on vinyl now.  They are so simple and beautiful and relentlessly insightful in that edgy kinda style.  He’s right there with Dylan and Reed.

I will have to see where I can access the movie.

I highly recommend it. Honestly one of my favourite films ever. 
    His music was great, very Dylan like. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thingthing Frets: 469
    I think if you like your own stuff that's good enough. I've just spent an hour or so listening to old stuff that I did years ago for the guitarist collective (an old collection of guys from the Guitarist forums who used to set each other a task once a month). I've not heard it for years and some of it must be twenty years old. I came away thinkng 'Bloody hell, some of that was shit hot' Coudn't care less if anyone else hears it, it's good to me.  Although my greatest accolade came from the late great Jase Morris who thought one of my tracks was 'fucking outstanding'. That'll do me.
    This is absurd.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  It warrants combat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom