SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

***SOLD***: Epiphone Embassy / G&L Fallout Tribute Shortscale Bass

What's Hot
UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12906
edited October 2023 in Basses £

EPIPHONE EMBASSY

So. 

I bought this new only a few months ago on something of a whim (mainly because its gorgeous). Then, I went and impulse bought a P bass, so as much as I like this something has to go... 

Wonderfully light and well balanced. Neck is quite chunky, but in a good way. Its a wonderful metallic green, including right up the back of the neck. Quite tricky to photograph (sorry for all the reflections). 

When it arrived - the strings were crap and so was the tone control. I have put Newtone rounds on it and also a Ki0gon VBT wiring loom, including a replacement barrel jack. The tone control is much better now. 

Collection only (I dont have a box) from Fife (Burntisland) or I can meet you at Haymarket in Edinburgh during the week (I'm a commuter). 

Asking £280. Really not looking for trades although I could (perhaps, maybe) be tempted by some kind of Bass VI. Would also consider part-ex against something "like" a Boss ME-50b ***SOLD***

COMPLETE IMAGE GALLERY HERE: https://imgur.com/a/H4GMAGp

---------------------------------------------------------------------

G&L Fallout Tribute Shortscale ***SOLD***

Another flight of fancy from myself that needs to go having impulse bought something else! 

Picked up this rather nice shortscale G&L from reverb the other week. Its a great thing, the MFD pickup is great, solid bridge, lovely comfy neck, no messing around controls. 

A previous owner has added a thumbrest in what seems a slightly odd place to me but it doesn't get in the way and would be easy enough to remove. 

I still have the box this was posted in so I can probably ship it (£30) but I'd much prefer collection from Fife (Burntisland) or I can meet in Haymarket, Edinburgh during the week (I'm a commuter). 

Any questions please ask. I'm not really looking for trades (given said impulse purchase) but I could perhaps be tempted by a Bass VI of some kind or something "like" a Boss ME-50b. 

£300 for the G&L

COMPLETE IMAGE GALLERY HERE: https://imgur.com/a/juJultR

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    edited March 2023
    I'm a commuter 
    Monkees or Robert Wyatt?

Seriously, though, two interesting bass guitars. Thankfully, for my wallet, four hundred miles too far away.

You would have thought that, with the number of Fretboarders expressing interest in shorter scale basses, the G&L would have sold already. The MFD pickup produces a big tone and a healthy output. The voicing mode switch takes it into Musicmaster/Bronco territory (if one must).
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17630
    tFB Trader
    Price for the G&L?
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12906
    Price for the G&L?
    Don't know how I missed that! 

£300
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    I suggest that anyone curious about the G&L Fallout Bass should view the YouTube videos about it by Ed "The Bass Whisperer" Friedland. Compare his USA Shell Pink example against the Tribute version. Judge for yourself how similar the instruments sound. 

I shall be stealing the G&L three-way voice mode switching for a project on which I am currently working.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I suggest that anyone curious about the G&L Fallout Bass should view the YouTube videos about it by Ed "The Bass Whisperer" Friedland. Compare his USA Shell Pink example against the Tribute version. Judge for yourself how similar the instruments sound. 

I shall be stealing the G&L three-way voice mode switching for a project on which I am currently working.
    Yeah, thats a cool video. 

The "omg" mode on the three way switch is hilarious, in a good way. The MFD pickup is so powerful! 
    bump - would consider trades against a Boss GX-100 or maybe a Boss GT-1000 of some flavour. Nothing else. 
    edited June 2023
    Willing to consider trades for other things now but the things I'm most interested in are:

Bass VI
    Boss Gx-100
    Boss GT-1000 or GT-1000-Core
    Boss OC-5 or OC-2
    A EUB or fretless bass
    Parlor guitar
    Bump
    G&L sold
    Would consider trades for other basses for the Epi, and could potentially add some cash.

Jazz/Yamaha/Danelectro/Bass VI/Offset flavoured things all up my street. 
    Bump
  • Bump, epi still available.

Open to trades and offers. Anyone got a fretless or bass vi? 
  • If you're a fretboarder and can collect you can have the Epi for £240...