SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wtb: rack chorus

What's Hot
Hi!
Cs5, wave, terc?
Cheers...
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ljsljs Frets: 56
    Best of luck mate … 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    AxeFX?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • I know it's gonna be tough! Foundnout a pal of mine sold his Wave to another mate who unfortunately shipped it off... One will turn uo some day! Maybe I should give Luca a shout.. for an early bday pressie lol
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • mal1971mal1971 Frets: 16
    Are you set on a trichorus?  Behrenger do a copy of the Dimension D that seems well regarded.  
  • Thanks guys - Ive seen/heard the Klark and tbh it hs to be worth a punt fo the money. Maybe ill stick it in and give it a whirl!
    Or get an Eventide eclipse !
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3044
    How about an H9 or H90 on a shelf? :)
  • @ljs ... yup, an eclipse has crossed my mind alright. Are they as "Hi-fi" as I've read about? 
    Cheers @robinbowes but really don't like the form factor of them...
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4180
    Fulltone did start building them again  but seemed to stop during Covid  plus isn’t he the guy who went on a mad rant on YouTube and closed up shop ? The trump supporter .

the best stuff to buy at present only seems to be available in pedals 
    the Free The Tone Tri Avatar 
     &  Eventide Tri-Cera Chorus 

my fave would be the  NeuNaber inspire as you can also have DeTune & Tri Chorus together 
    nearest I’ve got is my Eventide Factory 3000 & Tricerachorus plugins I got in a sale  which have plenty of awesome presets .

Love that 80s Landau/Huff/Jay Graydon/Lukather sound 

edited March 2023
    Neunaber inspire Pete Thorn Demo  go to 8:47 for a picked loop demo in each of the chorus  modes ,sounds great . Some modes the tri chorus can be stacked plus there’s the detune too 

https://youtu.be/B_nZJiYqq8I
  • For the pedal suggestions - the Shiva Lil Wave is a cool one (I actually bought one of them after Richard Watsons demo).
    It's a bit of a wild goose chase as the detune is really a huge part of that sound (I have an mpxg2 which is actually really good) but I would just love to have a rack unit! Thanks for the suggestions... If you love the 80's stuff @hollywoodrox , if you havent, you HAVE to check out this dude on YT. All done with plug-ins too... He must do feck all else except make 80's guitar videos!

(I realise that the first vid isnt an 80s thing but you get the idea!)
    For the pedal suggestions - the Shiva Lil Wave is a cool one (I actually bought one of them after Richard Watsons demo).
    It's a bit of a wild goose chase as the detune is really a huge part of that sound (I have an mpxg2 which is actually really good) but I would just love to have a rack unit! Thanks for the suggestions... If you love the 80's stuff @hollywoodrox , if you havent, you HAVE to check out this dude on YT. All done with plug-ins too... He must do feck all else except make 80's guitar videos!

(I realise that the first vid isnt an 80s thing but you get the idea!)
    Excellent thanks for the pointer ,will check out ASAP  thank you 
    That channel is so Rad , I saw one of my old comments on there ,it’s a treasure trove of 80s session stuff  ,thanks for helping me find it . 
  • No problem.. Hes a great player and I LOVE that Tyler Huff classic!

• lentolento Frets: 116
    Keep youy eyes open for one of these: 
    https://reverb.com/uk/item/201801-tri-stereo-chorus-dytronics-cs-5-aka-songbird-tsc1380-aka-dyno-my-piano-618-michael-landau

Original idea was from Chuck Monte for the Fender Rhodes that later morphed in to this type. Basically 3 Boss chorus units ...
    Best I've tried (discounting the original Dimension D) is the Rockman chorus rack untits. Tom Scholtz really knew his stuff and a lot of the players back then used his stuff ...
    edited March 2023

Great Rec but these are 3/5k$ units now. Not the best kept secret !
    Fulltone did start building them again  but seemed to stop during Covid  plus isn’t he the guy who went on a mad rant on YouTube and closed up shop ? The trump supporter .

the Free The Tone Tri Avatar 
     &  Eventide Tri-Cera Chorus 

Fulltone is indeed a complete nutter but he was the only one with a reissue of the Tri stereo chorus you could buy. He has now closed shop.

On the pedal front - i agree that the FTT is probably what’s best out there
    @ljs ... yup, an eclipse has crossed my mind alright. Are they as "Hi-fi" as I've read about? 
    Cheers @robinbowes but really don't like the form factor of them...
    It’s not a H3000 but not sure that’s a bad thing. The stereo chorus is not really where the low fi comes in I think. 

It’s a very powerful unit and not too expensive (relatively). 

Alternatively you can get a pcm81.

in both cases I’d recommend buying Italo’s presets !
  • Thanks @ljs ; -Italo is indeed The Man. I do indeed have a Mpxg2 loaded with Italos presets. Very cool indeed but currently don't have a mixer so i'm not getting the full picture so to speak with them. Truth be told I don't "need" a rack chorus but I want one! A friend has a 1210 for sale alright..... Hmmm!
    Never used a PCM but definitely on my list and I think tonight I sorted a DBX 160 for myself so I'm slowly getting there!
    (Have a cae3+se and a 290 so the essentials are there bar the compressor)