Wanted to share this. Our band from school got together after 50 years and recorded one of our songs

What's Hot
PJHPJH Frets: 25
This has been a fun project! Our school band, Ad Astra (formed in 1973 when we were between the ages of 13 and 14 years old) decided to get together and record one of the songs that was written back in 1973. Two of the members now live abroad (Alan in London and John - Paul in New Zealand). As this is the 50th reunion since the band's formation, they both made the effort to come over to South Africa and get together to redo this song.

We'd talked about getting together for a long time but we procrastinated and didn't do anything.

Our wake up call came about when we lost our good friend who joined as our singer due to Covid. This made us decide to make this happen. One never knows what's around the corner.

The version of the song in the intro was recorded live at one of our school concerts back in the 70's.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4183
    Absolutely outstanding  from what I could hear (parents are exceedingly noisy today)
      the original sounded great too 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2198
    That's great.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    What a brilliant thing to do. Great stuff guys.
  • PJHPJH Frets: 25
    Absolutely outstanding  from what I could hear (parents are exceedingly noisy today)
      the original sounded great too 
    Thanks for the comments! The original was recorded with two mics onto a reel to reel back in the day. At that time it was a case of sticking two mics up and hoping for the best!
    That's great.

Thank you stratman!

Jimbro66 said:
    What a brilliant thing to do. Great stuff guys.
    Thanks Jimbro! It was a great experience to get together after all this time. It was the first time in the studio for Alan and John Paul and they enjoyed it so much they're already planning a return trip!
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1726
    Super playing BTW - nice tone, note choice and vibrato. Great work chaps - great thing to do and glad you all stuck with playing!
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 585
    That was amazing and very catchy. Who doesn't love a feel-good story about mates coming together to finish something all these years later.

Great playing too. You guys are obviously talented to be writing songs and playing live at such a young age. I was doing fuck all at 13-14 years of age.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7276
    Dit was 'n wonderlike reünie, en 'n fantastiese weergawe van die ou liedjie.
    Super playing BTW - nice tone, note choice and vibrato. Great work chaps - great thing to do and glad you all stuck with playing!
    Thanks for the comments Bennyboy!

Switch625 said:
    That was amazing and very catchy. Who doesn't love a feel-good story about mates coming together to finish something all these years later.

Great playing too. You guys are obviously talented to be writing songs and playing live at such a young age. I was doing fuck all at 13-14 years of age.
    Thanks switch! Back then there was a lot less to keep us busy (no computers etc) so music was all we had!

BillDL said:
    Dit was 'n wonderlike reünie, en 'n fantastiese weergawe van die ou liedjie.
    Baie dankie Bill! Ek is bly jy het dit geniet!