Recommend some Guitar FX for Titanium (David Guetta)

What's Hot
close2uclose2u Frets: 997
We may be introducing this to our rehearsal set ...
1 guitar
1 bass
1 drums
1 female vocalist

There are some crazy techno-dance FX going on in the big post-chorus bit ... all whistles / glow-sticks / jumping up and down mad-head at the ready stuff ... you know.

My question ... and I'm getting some weird crazy sounds on my Zoom G3X trying to get anywhere near ... what FX would you use?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Octave down into a Digitech Synth Wah or EHX Microsnyth?
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    @MikkiMcMurderer
    thanks
    can you translate that into a Zoom G3 selection please .... if you know that pedal at all.
    I am quite new to weird fx and to any fx beyond the basics.
  • Impressively brave singer to attempt that one!

If i remember right the crazy bit is one of those pulsating things they do a lot in electro (think daft punk used to do it), would a square wave trem with heavy compressor after it work? With fuzztortion before it maybe
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Sorry man - I've never tried a G3 so don't know what it can do but looking at the effects on the website I'd try the MonoSynth first and then maybe add the Octave pedal before it with octave down and see if that simulates the big bass synth sound in the choruses of the song...If you want to do the high synth stuff, you probably should try the Z organ with Octave set to add 1 and 2 Octaves up and then some stereo chorus? It won't sound identical but it may get you in a ball park....
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31018
    The most authentic way of doing this would be to prerecord everything, digitally remaster, and then the whole band to put instruments down and then to press various buttons whilst occasionally putting their arm in the air in a symbolic fashion before pressing another key button.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • The other alternative could be to put something else crazy there, I'm thinking some heavily fuzzed and octave down rhythmic banging on the chords, make it a rocker rather than a techno? Could keep the drum beat the same
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31018
    edited October 2014
    I used to do Bad Romance live and had a fuzz into a flanger set without sweep but with max depth and mix. It kind if acted as an envelope filter and wasn't unlike the tone you need

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72770
    Anything wild, heavy and synthy. It really doesn't matter - the rest of the sound isn't going to be identical anyway. Find something you enjoy the sound of and go nuts.

I used to play Can't Get You Out Of My Head with a filtered fuzzwah solo in it… always went down a bomb!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Gassage said:
    The most authentic way of doing this would be to prerecord everything, digitally remaster, and then the whole band to put instruments down and then to press various buttons whilst occasionally putting their arm in the air in a symbolic fashion before pressing another key button.
    Wisdom and LOL
    Thanks all, some ideas to try - including playing it fairly straight.
    :)