SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Shure KSM353 (Crowley and Tripp El Diablo) Ribbon Mic Excellent condition Price Drop £995

StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1466
edited April 2023 in Studio & Rec £
Absolutely outstanding ribbon mic - this is exactly the same mic as the Crowley and Tripp El Diablo, which was designed as the "perfect kick mic". Fletcher at Mercenary Audio asked Crowley and Tripp to create a bass drum mic that sounded like a FET 47 outside and an MD-421 inside the drum, and this is the result. When Shure bought out Crowley and Tripp and the Roswellite technology they started making the mic identically apart from the silver finish rather than black.

It's a SPECTACULAR kick mic. Mark Brzezicki told me it was the best kick sound he'd ever had when I first used it on him.

It's so much more than that, though - it's my go-to mic on guitar cabs and bass amps, it's outstanding on acoustic guitars and it's my favourite ribbon mic on vocals. It's also wonderful on solo strings and hand percussion. It's probably my desert island mic, all things considered.

The ribbon is made from Roswellite technology, making it far, far more durable that any other ribbon mic - I record bass drum with one of inside the drum 90% of the time.

In a studio full of Royers, Neumanns, Schoeps, Milabs etc, these are an absolute standout for me. I have two but need to raise some cash, so this one's up for sale.

Absolutely unmarked condition - all the mics at my studio are babied, and have covers put over them individually if left out overnight. They are put back in their cases when not in use.

This one comes in its own flight case with a really outstanding shock mount and a cleaning cloth.

These are £2400 new, so at less than half price and in mint condition, this is a bargain for one of the finest mics around.

Price Drop to £995 + postage

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom