Bandokie

What's Hot
ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
Has anyone done this? Essentially karaoke but with a live band.
I’m feeling a little daunted with just under 3 weeks to go. I’ve prepped about 230 songs of various styles from the last 60 years but they need to be fairly recognisable with all the fills, riffs and suchlike close to the original recordings for the bedroom singers that have no experience of stage craft. 
If anyone has done this and can offer tips, I’m all ears.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4185
    Sounds cool, have a great time
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3081
    We did it once at a charity event when our singer went down with a tummy bug. It went well considering we were completely unprepared (and with less than 50 songs). Some very nervous punters got up to support the cause with only a couple being regular karaoke singers. The biggest problem was lack of projection due to them being unaware of how loud a band is - general mic distance, mainly. This would sometimes affect their pitch then in turn their confidence. Getting them to come in on time was also an issue. A lot of fun later on once people had loosened up a bit though ;) .
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27110
    This sounds like great fun. I wouldn't worry at all about the details as long as the bones & key hooks are there. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7293
    Holy shit 230 songs is a big repertoire. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    Holy shit 230 songs is a big repertoire. 
    It certainly is, luckily I’m an old fart so I can draw on 40 years of pop covers. My difficulty is the last two decades kinda passed me by so I struggle to visualise songs by Ed Sheeran or Louis Capaldi. I know they are all 4 chords repeated but they are so bland I just can’t imagine them to start them from cold. Once I’m in they are very easy, unfortunately my guitar is THE melody instrument so I have some swatting to do. Of the rest I might resort to acoustic guitar and tell them it’s the stripped down version with cazoo fills'!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom