Brighton Guitar Show & FX Expo 2023

What's Hot
PhilboPhilbo Frets: 5
edited March 2023 in Events
Hi all,

Phil here from the Brighton Guitar Show & FX expo.

Some of you may have seen the show advertised and things are shaping up nicely so I thought I would make a dedicated thread for the show discussion and for any questions you may have or for those that might not know about it!

A bit of background about the show:

Taking place on July 15th 2023 in the creative city of Brighton & Hove at the Brighton Racecourse, the show will bring together some of the finest gear brands in the UK.

This one-day event will offer visitors the chance to get hands-on with some of the best in guitars, amps, effects pedals and accessories from companies both large and small. 

Split into two large grandstands with the potential to host over 100 exhibitors, the main show area will showcase guitars, amps and accessories, while the second will house the FX Expo, which will be a quiet space (headphone demo rigs only) purely for effects pedals.

We have some fantastic exhibitors on board and the list is constantly growing: https://www.brightonguitarshow.co.uk/exhibitors

Tickets are now on sale via the link here with early bird tickets still available: https://fixr.co/event/brighton-guitar-show-fx-expo-2023-tickets-114109580

We have also teamed up with Chapman Guitars to automatically enter anyone who buys an advance ticket into a giveaway for a chance to win a Chapman ML3 Modern guitar.

We are working hard to make this a success and provide a decent guitar show in the south, so please do share the show with anyone you think may also be interested too!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brightonguitarshow
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brightonguitarshow/

Happy to answer any questions you may have!

Many thanks,

Phil
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 923
    Dammit, only just seen this and I've got a weekend away booked. Hope it goes well enough to do it again next year...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    Sweet! I’ll be there for sure. 

• PhilboPhilbo Frets: 5
    Dammit, only just seen this and I've got a weekend away booked. Hope it goes well enough to do it again next year...

Cancel it...guitars are more important... =) haha
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilboPhilbo Frets: 5
    bobacco said:
    Sweet! I’ll be there for sure. 
    Awesome. See you there!
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3035
    Woo, got my ticket. Looking forward to it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JonCCJonCC Frets: 0
    Hey! Would you bring your own guitar to the show to try pedals etc?
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Some people do this, however all the pedal makers will have a guitar and headphone setup so you can test gear.
  • FezFez Frets: 528
    Just got back from the show. Had really nice day the venue was good even if the sat nag did send me round the houses almost to a groundhog day experience. I didn't buy a lot just some books, I did enjoy Ray Russell's stories and the finding fretless presentation. It was great to see @ThorpyFX and @Flanging_Fred and many other familiar faces. I hope it happens again next year.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4933
    I went - the M25 was a pain and the local roads to the venue could be better.
    Inside, the guitar stands were OK and I said hi to Neil from Big Deal; I didn't see anything I wanted and one stand selling EB strings was doing their best to ignore me, so I didn't buy any. 
    The coolest thing was a plectrum box on the JC(?) stand made from the wood offcuts of their guitars (they include one with each customer sale, which is a great touch).
    The FX room was interesting, with people playing through headphones.
    I was going to say hi at Thorpy, but he was a bit busy. I had a nice chat with the Bright Onions folks, but they weren't to keen to build me a switcher/mixer pedal; however I did pick up a couple of tins off the stand.
    I also picked up a couple of tins on the NRG pedals stand and had a chat with him about possibly doing my switcher/mixer thing.
    Afterwards I went into Brighton and had a stroll around The Lanes, dropped into GAK, had Lobster Thermidor at a restaurant and a banana split at a US-style diner.
    When about to head for home there were police all over and roads blocked and there was black smoke coming from one of the buildings on the sea front; I set off in the opposite direction and headed home cross-country. Oh yes, and my car park for the afternoon cost £24!

• Hope you all have a great show
    Teacher, musician, generally an enthusiastic and peaceful idealist. Run the Contemporary Guitar Performance Workshop education project and the Audio Design Workshop studio. Online guitar and piano/keyboard lessons available over Zoom/Skype. 
  • FezFez Frets: 528
    prowla said:
    I went - the M25 was a pain and the local roads to the venue could be better.
    Inside, the guitar stands were OK and I said hi to Neil from Big Deal; I didn't see anything I wanted and one stand selling EB strings was doing their best to ignore me, so I didn't buy any. 
    The coolest thing was a plectrum box on the JC(?) stand made from the wood offcuts of their guitars (they include one with each customer sale, which is a great touch).
    The FX room was interesting, with people playing through headphones.
    I was going to say hi at Thorpy, but he was a bit busy. I had a nice chat with the Bright Onions folks, but they weren't to keen to build me a switcher/mixer pedal; however I did pick up a couple of tins off the stand.
    I also picked up a couple of tins on the NRG pedals stand and had a chat with him about possibly doing my switcher/mixer thing.
    Afterwards I went into Brighton and had a stroll around The Lanes, dropped into GAK, had Lobster Thermidor at a restaurant and a banana split at a US-style diner.
    When about to head for home there were police all over and roads blocked and there was black smoke coming from one of the buildings on the sea front; I set off in the opposite direction and headed home cross-country. Oh yes, and my car park for the afternoon cost £24!

Yeah parking prices in Brighton are off the scale. Got a message from son about midnight saying that the centre of Brighton was like California with forest fires last year. Apparently a hotel was on Fire.
    Don't touch that dial.