'The Prayer'

cliveaclivea Frets: 0
edited March 2023 in Plug My Stuff
I hope you like my rendition of 'The Prayer', which I have dedicated to all the unfortunate homeless people throughout the UK.

I have dedicated this number to the estimated 300,000 unfortunate people who are currently experiencing the worst forms of homelessness – rough sleeping, sleeping in vans and sheds etc. across England, Scotland and Wales. This figure includes an estimated 126,000 children and over 6,000 veterans. The average age of death for people experiencing homelessness is 46 for men and 42 for women.

A MESSAGE FOR THE GOVERNMENT .... ALLOWING THIS IS INHUMAN, INCOMPASSIONATE AND CRUEL! IN THIS DAY AND AGE, NO-ONE SHOULD BE HOMELESS, HUNGRY OR COLD! THESE PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE PRIORITY OVER THE VERY LUCKY IMMIGRANTS WHO ARE BEING HOUSED, FED AND KEPT WARM, MANY IN LUXURY HOTELS! GET YOUR PRIOITIES RIGHT! - CHARITY SHOULD BEGIN AT HOME!!!!!!!
If you agree, then please share - thanks in advance.

Originally "The Prayer" was recorded as two separate solo versions, Dion's in English and Bocelli's in Italian. They appeared on the Quest for Camelot soundtrack in May 1998. The duet was included on albums by both artists, released a few months later on Sogno and These Are Special Times. Bocelli sang original Italian while Dion translated into English. The song won the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song from the 1998 film Quest for Camelot, the second win in a row for a Celine Dion song. In that film, Dion sang it as a solo with slightly different lyrics. It was also nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1999 and a Grammy Award for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals in 2000. Dion performed it with Bocelli at both ceremonies.

I played and recorded this number using my Fender '57 Stratocaster (57/62 bridge pick up) into Vintage VST Host
software which is available FREE OF CHARGE at https://vintage-sounds.freeforums.net/

This song is the property and copyright of it's rightful owner/s and I claim no ownership of the song.
This is a non-profit video made solely for the purpose of study, review or critical analysis purposes only. Copyright Disclaimer under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for fair use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favour of fair use. The video is made solely for the purposes of study, review or critical analysis purposes only.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments