Monitors 'popping'

What's Hot
I have a very basic home set up - my monitors plugged into an interface (a Focusrite 2i2) plugged into a mac.

When the mac is sleeping the monitors will pop every few minutes. They pop when the computer wakes up, but also seemingly randomly every so often while in sleep mode.

Does anyone know why this happens and have a fix for it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10422
    edited April 2023
    The Mac monitors the 5V rail on the serial bus when asleep, that's why plugging something in a USB port or unplugging something wakes it up. The pop on wake is normal but it's odd it pops randomly. Only thing I can think of is wake for network is set in prefs and it's getting data noise ?

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JMS96JMS96 Frets: 138
    Danny1969 said:
    The Mac monitors the 5V rail on the serial bus when asleep, that's why plugging something in a USB port or unplugging something wakes it up. The pop on wake is normal but it's odd it pops randomly. Only thing I can think of is wake for network is set in prefs and it's getting data noise ?

Thanks mate! Forgot to mention that I am totally tech useless so I get about 20% of that. But I did find a wake for network setting in prefs which was on, so I've turned it off. Hopefully that won't cause any harm.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5386
    It won't do any harm. It's just "wake on LAN" which allows other computers/devices to wake it up remotely over the network. If you're not techie you're probably not using it anyway.