SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Kick drum mic - Audio Technica ATM250, may be able to stretch to AKG D12VR or Telefunken M82

What's Hot
I'm on the lookout for a new kick drum mic for recording having sold my Beta 52 (found it a bit too scooped and unnatural sounding). 
Something like an Audio Technica ATM250 (the non-dual element version) would be ideal but may be able to stretch to AKG D12VR or Telefunken M82. Might consider an AKG D112 too!

Based near Leeds but happy to pay postage too

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    The Sennheiser e902 is very good. £157 from Anderson’s.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/sennheiser-e902-dynamic-bass-drum-mic
  • ChéChé Frets: 305
    Hi mate, 

I have a studio based in Leeds, not selling anything but have a few kick drums mics if you'd like to come test some out. Currently have a Beyerdynamic M88, Sennheiser 602II and a Audio Technica ATM25 & UT Fet47. What kind of sound are you after?

Cheers,
    Shaun
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bennyg85bennyg85 Frets: 64
    I have an E602 I'd sell if you're interested
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    If you don't like scooped and unnatural-sounding I'd avoid the D112.
  • ChéChé Frets: 305
    For a more natural unscooped sound an ElectroVoice RE20 is a great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dombennisondombennison Frets: 111
    Ché said:
    Hi mate, 

I have a studio based in Leeds, not selling anything but have a few kick drums mics if you'd like to come test some out. Currently have a Beyerdynamic M88, Sennheiser 602II and a Audio Technica ATM25 & UT Fet47. What kind of sound are you after?

Cheers,
    Shaun
    Thanks so much for the offer mate - really appreciate it!
    I definitely want to get back to the flatter, un-scooped sound. I've got a Beta 91a for the more modern, bright/clicky sound. Just need something nice and natural sounding to contrast the Beta 91a. I'll be blending them with a Solomon LoFreq sub kick too.
    I'd love to have an Re20 again, I really shouldn't have sold my other one but I closed my studio for a while over the lockdowns and I'm just picking it up again. Definitely one I'll invest in when funds allow.

I'd be really keen to hear the UT Fet47 - I've got their Twin 87 and it's great for a ton of sources. A good mate of mine has an original Fet47 and the UT one and said they're super close. Again, another one I'll have to invest in when funds allow! Haha