Jamplay

Has anyone got a membership running , or tried their lessons before?

Since my acoustic epiphany I'm really into Erik Mongrain and also fancy learning some Preston Reed style techniques. Both are teachers on their and have a fair few lessons available.

Any opinions?

Ta muchly.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ElxElx Frets: 412
    I'm a member...I don't remember how much I paid, I think around 70$ for a year. There's enough material to keep you busy for years, loads of lessons covering different techniques and styles. Totally worth it IMO...
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 559
    Hi @Elx, is there stuff on jamplay for complete numpties like me? I've been following the online justinguitar lessons but I seem to have run out of steam and looking for a different approach.  

• ElxElx Frets: 412
    Absolutely...this is what the home screen looks like...Literally hundreds of videos to keep you busy for a very long time. If you go through all the material and apply yourself in the next 2-3 years you'll be a pro :)

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4323
    Cheers Elx

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6165
    Hey @ROOG I've just been checking out Jamplay myself.. there are lots of sample lessons. 
    I've just had a look in the Jazz section with Brendan Burns teaching about dominant 7th chords and substitutions. The quality is excellent, as is his teaching. This appears to be much better quality than the stuff you tend to find on YT. 

I'm very tempted to get myself a subscription.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6165
    edited October 2014

Just an update.. warning,  If you decide to try the site out with a monthly or quarterly subscription, you agree to an automic renewal at the end of the period (with resultant payment being taken by them) unless you specifically cancel the subscription.

"You authorize us to charge your credit card or other approved payment facility for all costs and charges you lawfully owe, until this Agreement is canceled or terminates. You are responsible for informing Customer Service (support@jamplay.com), available 24 hours 7 days a week, of all actual or apparent breaches of security, lost cards or passwords, or unauthorized use, and remain liable for all uses until we are informed. You understand that JamPlay.com is a subscription service. If you choose to sign up for a monthly or quarterly membership, you understand and authorize that your account will automatically renew until cancelled, and give permission for such billing transactions to take place"

Don't you just hate it when companies pull that little trick on you?

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 559

Thanks @Elx and @equalsql, I will have a look at the sample lessons for myself this evening.

tbh, I have been feeling a bit down about it, and just as another thread has suggested this leads to GAS, I was just contemplating which button to press on the Thomann web site when I returned to this web site and spotted this thread.

Ok, so I wasn't planning on jumping in front of a stampede of wildebeests but this may have saved me from yet more GAS, and I cant say that happens often in this place!    

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    I've looked at all the options and it looks like jamplay for me. Going to subscribe today!