Solo of the Month (SotM) #94 - Challenge

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4099
    enjoying the entries so far  - @stratman3142 those Jethro Tull vibes are hilarious.  Have to say I'm stumped on this one so far, after a few attempts on different occasions i can't get anything to 'work' - does any one else ever get this ? and what is your solution? :)
    I just set it to loop and play randomly over it a 100 times until I suddenly stumble on a hook that I like and then work on that .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    enjoying the entries so far  - @stratman3142 those Jethro Tull vibes are hilarious...
    Just to clarify. That wasn't intended as an entry :) Although I'm wondering whether to add it now, as it might do better than the original guitar version.

It's not a competition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3250
    enjoying the entries so far  - @stratman3142 those Jethro Tull vibes are hilarious.  Have to say I'm stumped on this one so far, after a few attempts on different occasions i can't get anything to 'work' - does any one else ever get this ? and what is your solution? :)
    I phone in sick that month ;)
    ... Have to say I'm stumped on this one so far, after a few attempts on different occasions i can't get anything to 'work' - does any one else ever get this ? and what is your solution? :)
    I'm not sure you should take advice from me, because I rarely win and maybe my quality control isn't as fussy as yours.

Sometimes the ideas flow and sometimes it's a case of finding a phrase, then coming back to it and building on it piece by piece over a period of days. Sometimes I scrap what I came up with and start again. I find I need to put something down to get past the blank sheet of paper problem.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3073
    I phone in sick that month ;)
    I've been doing this for many months ;) I basically do what Baz says but without the hooks part. Random bollocks basically.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4099
    One thing I did different this month was choose a tone I never normally use, that forces me to play differently and thus helps with creativity.   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5854
    Could you guys possibly read my thread in "Studio and Recording", please. I was gonna sit down and record something today but the demons of technology decided to shit all over my plans. Thanks.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sent one in.

I used my older Laptop for this. I think my other one's problem is that it's just not seeing the KA6, but I'll have to investigate further.
    Sent one in.

It's in the playlist, Hope you get you interface sorted.

It's not a competition.
    Sent one in.

It's in the playlist, Hope you get you interface sorted.

Sorted now, thanks to your link  :) Thread updated.
    Entry closes tonight at midnight.

It's not a competition.
    Entry closed.

It's not a competition.