Oz Noy Jimmy Haslip Anton Fig - Ronnie Scott's tonight (12th of May)

pacodelucia13pacodelucia13 Frets: 27
edited May 2023 in Events
What's more to say, if you like your funk stretched a bit into jazz or the other way around, you will love it.
Oz played with a lot of greats Dennis Chambers, Dave Weckl, Will Lee and I love his stuff. He's too geeky sometimes, but would rather listen to a guy that pushes himself and makes some mistakes instead of playing perfect all the safe notes

Still some tickets left, not affiliated to him in any way...just a big fan. Seen the guy two times already now, but this show should be different as he will play his stuff. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    Great rhythm section, too, to join a great guitarist.
  • Yes, great rhythm section and eager to hear about this gig.  Shame it was in London  B)
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
  • pacodelucia13pacodelucia13 Frets: 27
    edited May 2023
    I remember him being on this podcast and complaining that it's almost impossible to be living from jazz now in US and I think it tends to be the same everywhere, the fact that don't have that many clubs where they can play where it makes sense financially. He was complaining about rich people gentrifying everything and not giving a damn for art anymore in NY. The whole episode it's about NY, but he talks a bit about clubs on the west side also and how many clubs closed and it seems all they have left are the european jazz festivals.
    I know for sure one closed called the 55 bar where you could see Mike Stern and Wayne Krantz every week.

Guessing UK it's a small US with some differences, but still going in the same direction
    https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/guitarwank-episode-201-oz-noy-for-real-feb-24th-2020/id1076152868?i=1000466264612