SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Squier II Precision Bass 1990. £450

PALPAL Frets: 539
edited May 2023 in Basses £
This Squier II bass guitar has no serial number or any marking showing where it was made.
According to the Tony Bacon book it was made in South Korea between the late eighties early
nineties. There were also models like this made in India but those had "Made In India" on the headstock but this particular bass does not have that.
Checking out the internet states the Squier Guitars with the gold logo are of solid wood and not
made from ply or composite wood so I have scraped the inside of the neck cavity and it appears to be solid wood.
The guitar appears to be all original apart from one of the tuners has had one of the washers replaced and I'm not sure if the nut is original.
There are no issues with the frets/neck or electrics and you are welcome to inspect the bass out before you consider buying it.
Can provide more photos if there is any interest. Thanks.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14444
    Indeed, wow! (Forum rules prevent me from saying why.)

1) This discussion needs relocating to the Basses £ section.

2) The book mentioned by the OP is The Fender Book by Tony Bacon and Paul Day, Balafon Books, 1992.

3) The original nut would have been nasty white tone-sapping plastic. The black nut could be plastic or GraphTech TUSQ. Impossible to say without viewing in person. 

4) The string guide is not original but it is almost certainly an improvement on the stock part.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PALPAL Frets: 539
    Indeed, wow! (Forum rules prevent me from saying why.)

1) This discussion needs relocating to the Basses £ section.

2) The book mentioned by the OP is The Fender Book by Tony Bacon and Paul Day, Balafon Books, 1992.

3) The original nut would have been nasty white tone-sapping plastic. The black nut could be plastic or GraphTech TUSQ. Impossible to say without viewing in person. 

4) The string guide is not original but it is almost certainly an improvement on the stock part.
        Hi. Thanks for your help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom