Robben Ford - Ronnie Scott’s - 15/16 September

What's Hot
slawlerslawler Frets: 35
Just booked tickets see Robben Ford at Ronnie Scott’s.

Heads up for anyone who might like to try get a ticket before they sell out…

https://www.ronniescotts.co.uk/performances/view/8619-robben-ford-band
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richhrichh Frets: 453
    Excellent, thanks for the info - that's 2 bucket list items ticked off in one go!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Batman-GMTBatman-GMT Frets: 22
    Yes I’m also going ,  can’t wait ,  definitely one of my biggest guitar influences and he’s seems to be in good form based on recent YouTube stuff. 

As he’s living in london now hopefully he has the Dumble with him…? 

Wanted to see Oz noy when he was there a few weeks back but couldn’t go so not going to miss this one 

• OctavioOctavio Frets: 152
    edited July 2023
    Are restricted view tickets still worth it? Would hate for a massive pole to be blocking the man himself..
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    Octavio said:
    Are restricted view tickets still worth it? Would hate for a massive pole to be blocking the man himself..
    Racist 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    Yes I’m also going ,  can’t wait ,  definitely one of my biggest guitar influences and he’s seems to be in good form based on recent YouTube stuff. 

Wanted to see Oz noy when he was there a few weeks back but couldn’t go so not going to miss this one 

I saw Robben Ford at The Jazz Cafe back in the 2000s and he had a Dumble with him and he was living in the US at the time.

I always thought that outside of the US or at least in Europe, he used a hired Fender and an OD pedal (Zendrive etc) but not on this occasion.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2401
    Hopefully now he's living in Hampstead he might be doing more UK gigs...maybe even a full tour like in the old days.
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2606
    Octavio said:
    Only you can decide if it’s still worth going if your view will be restricted, but I think it will be restricted.  

We went to RS one time and paid extra for an unrestricted view and were shown to seats with a restricted view. It wasn’t a mistake either: it was explained to us that even though staff agreed that our view was restricted (I couldn’t see the guitar player for instance) our seats were not classed as “restricted view” seats. We  made a fuss and got moved but my assumption would be that the view from seats actually categorised as “restricted view” could be quite poor.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1962
    edited July 2023
    Kebabkid said:

I saw Robben Ford at The Jazz Cafe back in the 2000s and he had a Dumble with him and he was living in the US at the time.

I always thought that outside of the US or at least in Europe, he used a hired Fender and an OD pedal (Zendrive etc) but not on this occasion.
    I could be mistaken but I’m pretty sure that recent (this year) photos of European gigs show Robben playing through a Hot Rod Deluxe with pedals.

Edit

Just seen this clip which I think is recent - shot in Germany. Dumble is there.

https://fb.watch/l-D2G1HYzo/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Seen him last year also at Ronnie Scott's with Bill Evans, had a two rock and a super reverb. Also listened to him on a couple episodes on a podcast (Guitarwank :O) talking about it, he said the Dumble needs big venues...so I don't think he is going to bring it, but who knows
  • Ho to all. Anyone has a ticket to sell? 
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 247
    I’m going to this event :)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Booked months ago.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • pacodelucia13pacodelucia13 Frets: 27
    edited September 2023
    Same, looking for a ticket if someone has one to sell. Did not buy mine in time 
  • Saw Robben Ford tonight and can confirm he was using his Dumble.

First time I’ve heard one in person and it sounded fantastic! 
  • Was one of these a dumble? This is what he had on friday the early show https://imgur.com/a/nsv5Y3i
  • slawlerslawler Frets: 35
    edited September 2023
    No it was this one below - apologies for the blurry picture:

I have also put a clearer picture of the actual amp below, which is an Overdrive Special (#002 apparently, with #001 owned by Dumble himself):

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom