SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN: Cornell Voyager 20

steviebee74steviebee74 Frets: 35
edited June 2023 in Amps £

These appear to be somewhat rare with estimates of between 10 and 20 made. I'm not sure how old it is but I've had it for a few years and for that period, it was my main working amp when playing with full bands.

It's a kind of cross between a tweed and blackface Fender Deluxe/Deluxe Reverb but I would say it definitely sits closer to the black face models in terms of its sonic capabilities.

Imagine a deluxe reverb with a master volume control, switchable “mid” section (taking it to a more “tweed” deluxe sound). There's more reverb on tap than any normal person will ever want to use. It has a particularly nice bias tremolo which also has a switchable speed control (essentially giving two separate ranges of speed). The included footswitch is on the longest cable I have ever seen.

Make no mistakes, the amp is not in mint condition as it has been used extensively over the years it has been in my possession. However, aside from a few cosmetic marks it is in good nick and should last for many years to come. It has been regularly serviced and maintained by a local (to me) amp tech who gave it the once over and replaced & re-biased the power valves last year just before he retired and left the area. Valves are the typical compliment of 6V6 and 12AX7. 

Sound wise, it is seriously good and will destroy any Fender-style production line amp. There's plenty of volume and the sound is deep and open. It sounds amazing with single coil guitars like strats/teles but I've also had great results with an ES335.  I have always played in roots/soul/country/Americana bands and it has always been perfect for this. The only reason I'm selling is because I've moved to something physically smaller and over the years, I have come to prefer front mounted controls. I also have another large tweed amp which I could not possibly sell as it was custom built for me so I do not need two.

Also included is a Gearskinz hard cover which can double as a stand. These are now discontinued but were a very credible alternative to a flight case as they provided serious protection with minimal bulk. I believe this is made of polypropylene and is similar to hard drum cases.

I don't want to post this or courier it because it is heavy but more importantly, I want anyone who is interested in buying it to be happy with what they are getting before parting with any cash. Trials are very welcome. I am in Nottingham (5 minutes from M1/J26).

I will try and post some images later but this is something I always struggle with. If anybody is willing to help me do this, let me know in the comments and I would be very grateful. Likewise, I would gladly send some images to you if you know how to upload them into the comments for me.

I’d like £1200 for the amp.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments