NUX Mighty plug pro incoming on Monday - plus info etc on aforementioned unit

Hi Ive decided to put my money where my mouth is & have one incoming on Monday  it will be a great solution for me .  Anyway here’s a thread on another forum with load of info 

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/nux-mighty-plug-pro.2343436/page-13

there are a few claims of a high pitched whine  so Will have to see how it behaves for me 
if it’s bad it will be going back.

some good videos on it

RK Ronquilio is always good

https://youtu.be/67YIatGpXkg

Leon Todd another fave of mine reviews it 

https://youtu.be/EqJ76Sup7Xc

A Phillipino guy makes a live gig rig using it !!!

https://youtu.be/JjzL6hvVh1g

apparently it’s class compliant so you could plug it into your iPad to record on a Daw such as Cubasis 

besides setting automated preset changes in the app ,you can also set points in a track in logic using midi numbers to change patches .

im hoping mine doesn’t have the whine noise as it really does seem ideal 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10895
    I hope it doesn't, cos mine did. Will be curious to see how you get on. The noise was not on the USB output and I also heard it through headphones when listening to Bluetooth audio so I guess it was coming from the headphone amp. I loved it other than that. Great little gadget
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4212
    roberty said:
    I hope it doesn't, cos mine did. Will be curious to see how you get on. The noise was not on the USB output and I also heard it through headphones when listening to Bluetooth audio so I guess it was coming from the headphone amp. I loved it other than that. Great little gadget
    This is exactly what I’ve heard  about it not doing it on USB 
    To tell the truth ,if I’d have read the posts before I wouldn’t have recommended it on here or ordered it . Am now thinking of doing the distance buying return & sticking with my boss gt1 which is sturdy & reliable  also my JHS rockbox . 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2911
    edited June 2023
    Mine doesn't seem to have the high pitched noise that others have complained about, maybe you'll get lucky..

I really like mine. It has replaced my laptop and plugins as my home practice setup. Mainly for convenience but it does sound great too.
  • StrumitStrumit Frets: 46
    Which headphones are you guys using that DON'T have the squeal and does it have a TRS or a TRRS plug on it? The Mighty Plug Pro MP-3 was designed for headphones with a mic and a TRRS plug. Cheers.
    My mighty plug pro turned out to be flipping great ,I’m really pleased I got it 

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6195
    I get the high pitched noise in certain patches only. In particular, of the standard factory patches, the 7th one (Stageman acoustic, I think?) has a Studio Comp compressor switched on by default. My MPP has a high-pitched noise - almost like a ringing - with no playing. It remains constant.

Switch the compressor effect off and the noise disappears. Or lower the compressor Level setting and the noise goes. Or switch to one of the other compressor models and the noise goes.

So some people's preferred patches may not create this issue. Or perhaps there are other combinations of FX settings that cause the same issue?

Duff programming, I guess. 

(This is with my old Sennheiser HD433 headphones with TSR plug. I think I've got a pair of Bose with TSSR too; will try them.)