The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4827
    From the BBC website:

"Hamilton was not penalised. The stewards examined data from his car and found that he had maintained a more or less constant speed, had not lifted off the throttle or braked, and had behaved no differently at that re-start at that point on the track than at the other two re-starts."

Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it.....................

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40400301

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Boromedic said:
    From the BBC website:

"Hamilton was not penalised. The stewards examined data from his car and found that he had maintained a more or less constant speed, had not lifted off the throttle or braked, and had behaved no differently at that re-start at that point on the track than at the other two re-starts."

Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it.....................

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/40400301

The FIA should impose a one race ban on Vettel .. especially as we now know he's lying.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2017
    Couldn't agree more Fret, although he is now on 9 points on his super license. 3 more and he gets a ban. They should ban him automatically like you say though now the evidence has been shown by the stewards.

Boromedic said:
    Couldn't agree more Fret, although he is now on 9 points on his super license. 3 more and he gets a ban. They should ban him automatically like you say though now the evidence has been shown by the stewards.
    Technically Vettel has brought the sport into disrepute (the FIA have another phrase) by blaming Hamilton and not waiting to check his facts. I think that's why Hamilton said very little - Mercedes have a hot PR guy who Hamilton respects. Vettel was mouthing off on Sky acting like the innocent party - bad publicity for the sport.

Although I expect that Hamilton can't wait for payback - F1 could start to get tasty again like the 80's.

Yeah he certainly has, and he slurred Hamiltons character also which if you read between the lines of what little Hamilton did say it has certainly pee'd him off. I'm sure he will try and find some payback too like you say so maybe we could be heading for a late 80's power struggle!

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1562
    From Motorsport.com 

"Stewards at F1's Azerbaijan GP found no evidence in telemetry data of Lewis Hamilton either brake-testing or lifting off unexpectedly in his clash with Sebastian Vettel before Sunday's second safety car restart.

Furthermore, analysis of how Hamilton had behaved in the first safety car restart, and the one after the incident, showed that the British driver had behaved exactly the same at that point of the track as he prepared to get back up to racing speed."

And yet the forums are still full of blame for Hamilton. I just don't get it. @riscado ;
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    edited June 2017
    From Motorsport.com 

"Stewards at F1's Azerbaijan GP found no evidence in telemetry data of Lewis Hamilton either brake-testing or lifting off unexpectedly in his clash with Sebastian Vettel before Sunday's second safety car restart.

Furthermore, analysis of how Hamilton had behaved in the first safety car restart, and the one after the incident, showed that the British driver had behaved exactly the same at that point of the track as he prepared to get back up to racing speed."

And yet the forums are still full of blame for Hamilton. I just don't get it. @riscado ;;
    I think thats all the evidence i would need to not only ban Vettel but also string him up by his tiny german testicals.  Arrogant little shit that he is.  

• NomadNomad Frets: 549
    Vettel has turned into Dick Dastardly.

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Nomad said:
    Lol. Someone get onto photoshop and make this a visual reality. 

And yet the forums are still full of blame for Hamilton. I just don't get it. @riscado ;
    Sadly, go over to some of the F1 forums, people don't like as he's black.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22138
    Fretwired said:
    Technically Vettel has brought the sport into disrepute (the FIA have another phrase) by blaming Hamilton and not waiting to check his facts. I think that's why Hamilton said very little - Mercedes have a hot PR guy who Hamilton respects. Vettel was mouthing off on Sky acting like the innocent party - bad publicity for the sport.

Although I expect that Hamilton can't wait for payback - F1 could start to get tasty again like the 80's.

Arsebiscuits. It's superb publicity for the sport. 

edited June 2017
    You're probably right, but Vettel is still a liar and a cheat until he owns up.

• hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    Nomad said:
    LOL Yeah, It only needed Suzi Wolff to don a Penelope Pitstop outfit & it would have been a proper  Whacky Races.

Best race of the season by far, Baku certainly delivered. Even though Fred scored  McLaren's first points Boullier's face said it all when interviewed at the end of the race.

Arsebiscuits. It's superb publicity for the sport. 

The president of Ferrari is less than impressed ... Vettel's at it again this morning.

• HippoPeteHippoPete Frets: 125
    Any links?

Can't deny Vettel's driving ability but this weekends behaviour was pretty poor.
    They don't want your name, they just want your number.
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    WoW! Max fined €25000 for sneaking off early & missing the post race press interviews. :o

Turn 8 attractions.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Ben Hur was a proper driver, not like these limp-wristed, "Oooh, he bumped into me" namby-pamby whippersnappers that can't grow a decent beard like real men.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Electro_HamElectro_Ham Frets: 102
    Ben Hur was a proper driver, not like these limp-wristed, "Oooh, he bumped into me" namby-pamby whippersnappers that can't grow a decent beard like real men.
    I'm pretty sure that holding your car together with one hand and steering (no PAS) with the other, at more than 200mph....sounds pretty ballsy to me.
    My 2p worth is that Seb totally lost it, was a complete d**k, disgraced himself and Ferrari and doesn't even have the balls to admit he was wrong. Bell**d.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Ben Hur never had power steering or a steering wheel, he had the reins in one hand and a big, fuck-off sword in the other. And his opponents had swords, too.

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    I'm pretty sure that holding your car together with one hand and steering (no PAS) with the other, at more than 200mph....sounds pretty ballsy to me.
    My 2p worth is that Seb totally lost it, was a complete d**k, disgraced himself and Ferrari and doesn't even have the balls to admit he was wrong. Bell**d.
    I lost a lot of respect for Vettel on this one, but not as much as I have for the stewards / Charlie Whiting, What Vettel did was dangerous, petulant and at best grossly unsportsmanlike. He should have been absolutely thrown the rule book at. I would have like to have seen a 1 race ban. Would not have been surprised for a season ban. Deliberately driving into another racing drive under safety cars should be the biggest no in the motorsport sport. That he was treated so leniently stinks of Ferrari and driver bias. Poor show all round.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom