The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1305
    55, interesting.  It sucks you in with the easy ones too.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4837
    46 - some toughies in there....... before my era and all that ;-)

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27091
    edited October 2017
    Crikey, I reckon I can do about 30. Will see...

EDIT: 48, but around half were guesses (mostly the old ones), of which I got about half right.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2919
    edited October 2017
    44, but I was guessing a lot towards the end.  Quite a few I had never heard of.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27091
    Fretwired said:
    Probably. Riccardo will be targeting to sign with Ferrari as early into next year as possible (assuming RB aren't at the front), since he beat Seb the last time they were teammates he'll be working on the assumption that he can do it again, which would give him the title if the cars have the same relative performance as this year. And Ferrari will like him because he has Italian heritage and is clearly a great bloke. 

Max will have some kind of performance clause that gives him an out if the car isn't quick enough. And he's the obvious target for Mercedes trying to market itself to younger people, and he's bloody quick.

And Red Bull themselves will be very aware that McLaren could be very competitive next season. If they don't draw level with Merc and Ferrari they might find themselves with Alonso taking results off them which will only weaken them re Max's potential break clause. 

It's quite telling that there have been so many 1-year deals signed over the last 18 months. Everyone is trying to make themselves available when the next big shuffle happens - both teams AND drivers.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Stroll/Vettel crash from another angle. Was Vettel to blame? Did he yet again escape punishment? Why didn't he get into trouble for taking his steering wheel (regulations state you have to leave it on the car - he claims he couldn't refit it - paddock gossip says he didn't want anyone to see it) and hitching a ride on another car is also a breach of F1 regulations.

The Stroll incident.

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Vettel definitely more at fault there I think
    I find it most odd the stewards didn’t investigate SV removing the steering wheel because “nobody reported it”.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1305
    Keeping the wheel straight when the road curves to the left is the same as turning to the right.

I think Stroll drifting across like that was unpredictable and the basic cause of the accident.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    6 in one half dozen in the other really, neither paying enough attention. Stroll sort of drifts right by not steering but then Vettel cuts the corner slightly. I think they didn't penalise him on the other stuff possibly because of championship controversy, or maybe because he drives a red car..............

To be fair I wouldn't want him penalised for the lift thing anyway as that is one of my iconic F1 memories with Mansell and Ayrton. The steering wheel thing does seem odd but they explained it as maybe it would be stolen as it wouldn't fit back on.

• Id happily ban Vettel for life just for being an arrogant little arse, but much of that goes back to when he took Webber off years ago.  His behaviour is immature and occasionally dangerous.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2017
    Marko claims Red Bull have put Ricciardo on the market and are talking to teams about taking him - they are focusing on Max as a number one driver. Not a great way to treat a nice guy ... Maybe Toto should bite the bullet and swap Ricciardo for Bottas.

I'd take that, Ricciardo is an excellent driver. In the right team he could become a great. Fingers crossed......

Boromedic said:
    I'd take that, Ricciardo is an excellent driver. In the right team he could become a great. Fingers crossed......
    Agreed. I think Mercedes and Ferrari would be very interested in his services. Fast driver and a really nice guy. He'd shine in a Merc and it would be good to see him giving Vettel a hard time.

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Fretwired said:
    Marko claims Red Bull have put Ricciardo on the market and are talking to teams about taking him - they are focusing on Max as a number one driver. Not a great way to treat a nice guy ... Maybe Toto should bite the bullet and swap Ricciardo for Bottas.
    Agreed that Ricciardo would be a great fit for Merc, but my main interest is them focussing on Max, because if they don't get a winning car by the end of next year he'll be off, there's already talk of him going. Then RB would be pretty scuppered.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Ricciardo is also the handsomest driver
    My V key is broken
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Don't think Helmut Marko is a particularly nice guy TBH.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom