SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

3 x Vintage but value guitars for sale

Hello all,

i have been expanding my hobby of repairing and fettling (what a good word!) acoustic guitars. I have 3 guitars I have worked on and got back to a good playing state and need to clear the decks before I get some more to work on. These are very playable guitars now but just to manage expectations these are hobby repairs but solid. 

Late 1960s Harmony Sovereign H1260. The original bridge had been shaved down and there was no room left for adjustment. I have done a mild neck reset and made a new ebony bridge and bone nut and converted into a pin bridge which has improved the tone a lot. There is a bit of historic impact damage to rear bout but fully stable. https://imgur.com/a/MhYFJxi £500

Levin LS18 from 1960. This old guitar has led a long and fulfilling life but has been well played - as all guitars should be. 

I bought this in a sorry state after years of neglect and spent lots of time and care into making it a fine sounding and fine playing guitar. The neck has been reset, the bridge renewed and saddle slot routed to give really good intonation all the way up the fretboard. Ebony heelcap made. Endpin was already reamed out for pickup. No pickup fitted. New period style tuners fitted to replace the broken ones. They work really well. 

This is not a showpiece but definitely players grade. With the new lease of life it will keep on playing for another 50 years! Lots of super lacquer checking l, dings and marks but structurally sound. This was stored in a loft for many years before I bought it. https://imgur.com/a/1iWNqTQ £600

Kiso Suzuki Acoustic Guitar Model 9582. 1970s Japanese made beauty. 

I bought this guitar as a project as the tone sucking adjustable bridge and saddle was hanging off. 

I have made a new ebony bridge and fitted a bone saddle which has improved the tone immensely. 

I would say this is a 000 size guitar with spruce top and potentially mahogany back and sides. As is usual in this era I believe at least the back and sides are laminate but if you do your research the factories used laminates of the same tonewood to achieve robust sound and longevity of the instruments. I have removed, cleaned, lubricated and refitted the tuners and they now work a treat. 

I have replaced the original peeling pickguard with a new one and this suits the guitar well. 

Plenty of light scratches and marks as to be expected and there is a bit of finish damage to the top by the pickguard. This is not structural and is not cracking  

The neck is nice and slim and action is really nice. Still saddle left for future adjustments. Lovely tone and easy to play. https://imgur.com/a/Aeknp03  £350

I am happy to ship these guitars at buyers cost  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GoFishGoFish Frets: 1411
    I have that model Kiso Susuki. It's a lovely, easy playing couch guitar for me. The neck on mine is rounded rather than slim and a reasonable match for a Les Paul (makes going from one to another super easy). Nice job cleaning it up and good luck with the sales.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sijos1sijos1 Frets: 18
    I need to clear a few guitars out so open to silly(ish) offers! 
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2636
    I went to have a look...

• sijos1sijos1 Frets: 18
    The Levin has gone to a very happy new owner. The Harmony and Kiso Suzuki are still available. Open to offers.