Have you ever??

What's Hot
FezFez Frets: 523
Got to gig started setting up opened your guitar case to find a guitar other than the one that you intended to do the gig with?

This happened to me on Saturday I must have picked up the wrong hiscox case without noticing so instead of my workhorse strat I opened the case to find my Epi Les Paul. Oh well no single coils tonight.
Don't touch that dial.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4099
    No not done anything like that. 

Yet
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    I hope not. The only two cases that are similar are my Hiscox acoustic case and an electric one for my humbucker Tele. It would be a disaster to muddle them up
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2764
    Was on stage in first sing of quite a big gig (for me at least) and the acoustic guitarist broke a string.  I thought “that’s fine, he can use my spare electric” turned round and realised it was still in the boot of my car 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    No because I always put the guitar(s) I'm going to use in their cases before leaving the house.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10411
    The bass player and I in one band both had Boss GT effects units in exactly the same hard cases. His was the bass version though. I was giging with another band and grabbed what I thought was my GT10 from the van and went to the gig, which was actually Portsmouth Guildhall. Opened up the hard case on stage and there was his bass version. Still used it as a boost in the effects loop
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited June 2023
    Not done it but I do own a lot of Hiscox cases. Plus I label the sides so I can see what I’ve grabbed. 

A mate of mine had kittens recently when he did a 4 band bill and every guitarist (including him) had a Mono Gigbag. Someone accidentally went home with his PRS Custom 24 and he went home with a Strat. But he got it back the next day once they realised.