SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gone to a shop on Trade - Lowden W35 Redwood / Rosewood

What's Hot
brucegillbrucegill Frets: 720
edited September 2023 in Acoustics £
Lowden W35 Redwood / Rosewood

Only recently got this on a trade. I've always wanted to try one and it hasn't disappointed. Sounds fantastic and looks amazing too. It's the 35 version, so midrange for Lowden with great tunes and the rosette in abalone, back of the headstock gets a nice layer of Ebony (I assume) to match the front. Redwood top, Rosewood back and sides with the typical mahogany/rosewood laminated neck. 

Condition is fantastic. Frets are virtually unmarked, no dings apart from a few faint marks on the top edge of the headstock. Comes with a Hiscox case. 

As lovely as it is, I've come to the conclusion I'm really after either a Martin sound, or a more American sound with a quicker decay. OO or possibly an OM. Although I could be tempted by the right dreadnaught, really, I should stick with what I think I'm after. I prefer Mahogany over Rosewood. 

I'll happily keep this for a while until something right comes up. It's a very intimate sounding instrument. Not like most small bodied guitars I've tried, this really has a larger voice than it should with a good dynamic range. I would just like something with a larger scale length, a slightly bigger body a different tone. 

Straight sale price - £3000

Based in Cambridge, near Linton for any one wanting to come and test it out or collect

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments