Pick-up help.

Hello Fretboard friends, long shot but I’m hoping to pick the collective brain. I have recently got an old Om-21 from Glenn’s guitars (Great shop btw). It came with a fitted pickup but he forgot to ask what it was and I have no clue. It sounds great but I’d love to know what it is. All I can see is a plain jack, red and black wiring, piezo and a battery clip (no control panel). Long shot I know but if anyone has any ideas. It looks similar to the Fishman gold 1 found in Om-Js I think though no branding round the barrel just a generic jack. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72347
    Can you take a pic of the PCB inside the barrel jack casing? If there’s nothing on the outside that’s likely to be the only conclusive means of identifying it.

OM-21s are great, I had one which I still think is the best non-dreadnought guitar I’ve played - I just couldn’t get on with the neck width and string spacing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• jw_H-535jw_H-535 Frets: 12
    I finally remembered to take some photos of my pickup which showed absolutely nothing. But maybe someone will recognise something I don’t. https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBcR6x
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72347
    The pickup looks like something cheap, although it's hard to be sure. Can you take the preamp out? There may be more clues on the casing or the PCB inside.

Cheap does not necessarily mean bad - if anything, I think the more expensive and sophisticated systems don't really achieve anything that can't be done better with a basic internal pickup and external processing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Looks very similar to one I have in mine - which is a fishman matrix - I think!
  • jw_H-535jw_H-535 Frets: 12
    I’ve been suspecting a fishman. Tbh I’d rather not remove it it’s seated really tight and I don’t want to stress it unnecessarily, I’ve fitted plenty of these and I like having skin on my arms to much.