Angela Thorne

What's Hot
NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4923
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65948570

Best known of course for "To The Manor Born", but was in many other things too.  I recall with particular fondness a 70's sitcom called "Get Some In", about a National Service intake into the RAF, in which she was the base commandant's wife, who everyone (including me!) adored.

Aged 84, "peacefully at home". 

RIP
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22957
    I remember Get Some In, but I'd completely forgotten she was in it.

And I've just been reminded of Three Up, Two Down, which we used to like in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way.

That's sad news, hard to believe she was 84... but I guess all those programmes were a long time ago.

RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Our family used to watch To the manor born, she always seemed so nice. RIP Angela
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    Philly_Q said:

And I've just been reminded of Three Up, Two Down, which we used to like in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way.

That's sad news, hard to believe she was 84... but I guess all those programmes were a long time ago.

RIP
    first -  with Carl whatisface from "brush strokes" ?  and IIRC Wolfie smiths best mate

secondly,  with Michael "Boon" Elphic ?   Lysette Anthony and some bloke that was on a kids show way back with Pauline Quirk 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22957
    bertie said:
    Philly_Q said:

RIP
    first -  with Carl whatisface from "brush strokes" ?  and IIRC Wolfie smiths best mate

secondly,  with Michael "Boon" Elphic ?   Lysette Anthony and some bloke that was on a kids show way back with Pauline Quirk 
    The actors I remembered were Tony Selby as the sergeant, David Janson, and Wolfie Smith himself, Robert Lindsay.  But apparently Karl Howman was in the last series.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I always thought she was quite cute..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.