ISHIBASHI Music - Japan. Anyone imported a guitar to the UK from them? - > NGD

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19260
    ^ If it's Aztec Gold they are probably checking with the descendants of Hernán Cortés to establish provenance, or looking into trading in looted treasure...
    Hope it arrives soon 
    ;) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DuploLicksDuploLicks Frets: 262
    ^ If it's Aztec Gold they are probably checking with the descendants of Hernán Cortés to establish provenance, or looking into trading in looted treasure...
    Hope it arrives soon  ;) 
    The curse of the Black AVRI (and it’s pearl inlay)

likewise, I hope it clears soon. GLW Customs!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10912
    EMS and import duty and tax is looking to be around £430

How much is a flight to Japan?£800- £1400  :open_mouth: 

Perhaps not very viable! 2 weeks in Japan at Easter in Chery blossom season was a very good holiday a few years back.
    Two weeks in Japan would do me a lot better than another frigging guitar to be honest
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10912
    Yup - bought a few Ibanez Japanese only guitars over the years. Very professional. 

At least one guitar I asked the weight and more photos, they replied promptly. 

As an aside, I’ve just this minute won a guitar on a proxy service for yahoo.jp - as is my want for odd Japanese guitars. First time, will see what happens. 
    Username checks out :-)
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 369
    Well it finally arrived today, with hardly any packing between the guitar case and cardboard box, but in remarkably good condition considering where it must have been on it's travels.

So very relieved to get my hands on it, it does seem ridicules that it takes 4 days to get from Japan to Coventry and over a month to deliver somewhere 150 miles away. . 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7177
    icu81b4 said:
    Well it finally arrived today, with hardly any packing between the guitar case and cardboard box, but in remarkably good condition considering where it must have been on it's travels.

So very relieved to get my hands on it, it does seem ridicules that it takes 4 days to get from Japan to Coventry and over a month to deliver somewhere 150 miles away. . 
    Well done. Always wish I'd taken a chance on a couple of guitars from Ishi  a while ago. It doesn't make any financial sense now the prices have all changed, at least for the ones I was after anyway.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Congratulations on receipt! I was wondering about ordering from Japan myself but the process at this side sounds a nightmare. Not to hijack, but has anyone had any recent experience buying from Miki Gakki?
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12020
    Pics?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 369
    0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12020
    That’s a damn nice guitar!
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12326
    Bloody hellfire!  That's really lovely - I adore that colour.

Well worth the wait in my humble opinion!
  • Has anyone imported a guitar with a rosewood fingerboard from Japan and applied or had any experience with CITES? 
    The shop in Japan said that it could take up to 2 months to do this. In this case, is it worth doing CITES? 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27535
    Has anyone imported a guitar with a rosewood fingerboard from Japan and applied or had any experience with CITES? 
    The shop in Japan said that it could take up to 2 months to do this. In this case, is it worth doing CITES? 
    You only need CITES for Brazilian rosewood. 

But if you do need it and you don’t do it there’s a high chance the guitar will get seized and destroyed 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires