SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Martin 000-28EC Eric Clapton - £2600

allenallen Frets: 707
edited July 2023 in Acoustics £
I am reducing my gear and have to be honest with myself that this is way more guitar than I will ever really need.

It is in totally immaculate condition as it's been played for about 2 hours in the few years that I've owned it. 

You are very welcome to come and try it - I'm based in Gerrards Cross, which is near junction 1 of the M40 and junction 16 of the M25.

Hand delivery is possible within a reasonable radius.

The Martin 000-28EC is based on the guitar Eric Clapton used in his iconic MTV Unplugged performance. With its 000 14-fret body, East Indian rosewood back and sides and Sitka spruce top, the 000-28EC captures that rich, versatile tone that can be heard throughout Clapton's legendary acoustic set.

Body

This guitar utilises Martin's '000' body shape with solid East Indian rosewood for the back and sides and solid Sitka spruce for top. The combination of these tonewoods with the 000 body shape results in a guitar that's comfortable with a rich, well-balanced, and versatile tone. The articulate and responsive sound of the 000-28EC will let your playing ring out whether you're fingerpicking or strumming.

Neck

The 000-28EC features a gloss finish neck with a Modified V profile, a comfortable shape for wrapping your hand around, particularly if you prefer to rest your thumb on the top of the neck. The neck is topped with an ebony fingerboard which offers a smooth, natural-feeling playing surface and features a Clapton signature inlay before the last fret. While the 000-28EC is suitable for a wide range of styles, the 24.9" scale length and 1 3/4" nut width gives the strings a slightly looser and more spacious feel which makes it very comfortable for fingerstyle.

Body

• Body Size: 000-14 Fret
  • Finish Top: Gloss
  • Back & Side Finish: Gloss
  • Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
  • Brace Shape: Scalloped
  • Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
  • Top Material: Sitka Spruce
  • Top Color: Antique Toner
  • Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
  • Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
  • Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
  • Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/4''
  • Top Inlay Material: Fine Herringbone
  • Bridge Material: Ebony
  • Pickguard: Tortoise Pattern
  • Saddle: Compensated Bone
  • Rosette: Fine Herringbone with Multi-Stripe
  • Saddle Radius: 16"
  • Recommended Strings: Clapton's Choice Light MEC12

Neck

• Scale Length: 24.9"
  • Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
  • Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
  • Neck Shape: Modified V
  • Neck Taper: Standard Taper
  • Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
  • Fingerboard Material: Ebony
  • Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
  • Finish Neck: Gloss
  • Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/4''
  • Fingerboard Inlay Style: Diamonds and Squares Long Pattern with Eric Clapton Signature
  • Number of Frets Total: 20
  • Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone with Awabi Clapton Signature
  • Neck Joins Body at: 14th Fret
  • Side Dots: White
  • Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
  • Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
  • Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
  • Knob: Butterbean
  • Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
  • Nut Material: Bone
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3319
    I bought one last year its the easiest acoustic I have ever played. Brilliant guitars
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jmf1928jmf1928 Frets: 66
    Always loved that guitar!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom