Guitar Teacher Needed - SE London

What's Hot

Comments

• BowksBowks Frets: 414
    edited July 2023
    pt22 said:
    I'd be up for a beer or non-alcoholic beverage sometime. My life is upside down at the moment learning how to manage a 4 week old daughter with reflux with my 20 month old son, so anything would probably have to be after 7pm. What's central? Catford? Sydenham? 
    Sounds good to me!

THis place is, by far, the best place for loading in a tone of kit and being loud: https://www.musicroomlondon.com/rehearsal-studios

It is inside the dreaded ULEZ though
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m BR1 Bromley North. @Bowks is also local, I’d be up for a meet up for some drinks. There’s a good ale place in Catford whose name escapes me - think it’s a converted Argos?

Alternatively in Bromley itself the Partridge is decent (and has an excellent open mic every other Wednesday - I can’t do this week but maybe the one in two weeks time?

Wouldn’t know what to suggest for actual rehearsal rooms - previously I’ve only used AScape (now sadly closed) or Antenna Studios (diabolical parking/traffic generally)
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    Hello from SE20. I'd be up for a SE pub meet up. 
    Also, I know that Twang Guitars in Penge do lessons, but I've only known kids go there, so can't speak to the quality or breadth.

There's a local musician who does guitar lessons at schools in the area as part of the Bromley Youth Music Trust initiative. His name is Conrad Vingoe and he seems like a knowledgeable and nice guy over email, but again I don't have any experience of tutoring from him:

https://www.conradvingoe.co.uk/
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 287
    I’m BR1 Bromley North. @Bowks is also local, I’d be up for a meet up for some drinks. There’s a good ale place in Catford whose name escapes me - think it’s a converted Argos?

https://fairytopgardenzoo.com/ Mainly cocktails it looks like. Id be up to try it.

Otherwise the Catford Bridge Tavern (right out the train station) is under new management and a little less...what it used to be. There's also Ignition Brewery in Sydenham for any craft beer fans, and of course the outdoor garden of the Blythe Hill Tavern which is always a good shout. 

I'm keen to see how much of a change there had been at the CBT, it's never quite got it right in the 3 years we've lived here. 

For crafty beers, there's also Southey Brewing in Penge, BR3wery and, my fave, Three Hounds Beer by Clock House Station.
    I'm often in Three Hounds. It's appropriately named for me as it's next door to the place we get our dog groomed. My little face lights up when they say 'OK, give us about two and a half hours'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    viz said:
    Tolis maybe? Or Jamie Humphries, or Phil Hilborne. Or choose your most fave guitar hero and see if you can get online lessons. 

@viz Didn't Jamie move to Sweden a few years back?
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4716
    Paul Tugwell is a good tutor.  I learned with him before I moved to York.  Great guy.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • vizviz Frets: 10708
    DLM said:
    viz said:
    Tolis maybe? Or Jamie Humphries, or Phil Hilborne. Or choose your most fave guitar hero and see if you can get online lessons. 

@viz Didn't Jamie move to Sweden a few years back?
    Ah, didn’t know that!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Bumping this as another Catford local! Would be great to meet up with some of you all. Or come round to my little garden building and make some noise! (Especially if you also play bass or drums!)
    Morning all SE Londoners! Let's see if wecan arrange something.
    Bowks said:
    Morning all SE Londoners! Let's see if wecan arrange something.
    Yep, definitely here for this. As an aside, meeting a couple of mates for the Crystal Palace v Chelsea tonight - Sparrowhawk pub in Crystal Palace. 
  • SparksSparks Frets: 29
    Surprised by the number of SE6ers in here. I'm in Catford too. Would be very much up for a meet-up or for some playing - I still haven't played with others but it's very much on my to-do list to try. I can also recommend Danilo, who's now in Blackheath, as a teacher: https://www.superprof.co.uk/modern-acoustic-and-electric-guitar-lessons-guitar-tutor-with-danilo.html
  • NCoNCo Frets: 163
    Sparks said:
    Surprised by the number of SE6ers in here. I'm in Catford too. Would be very much up for a meet-up or for some playing - I still haven't played with others but it's very much on my to-do list to try. I can also recommend Danilo, who's now in Blackheath, as a teacher: https://www.superprof.co.uk/modern-acoustic-and-electric-guitar-lessons-guitar-tutor-with-danilo.html

He might be a great teacher, but he's a terrible communicator. Tried on multiple occasions to reach out to him, always a reason to why he responds to emails 1 month later.
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Frets: 63
    Bowks said:

For crafty beers, there's also Southey Brewing in Penge, BR3wery and, my fave, Three Hounds Beer by Clock House Station.
    Small world - these are my locals which I frequent a lot (Having once lived above the Honor Oak Park Sainsburys, opposite the Deptford High St anchor and now I'm in SE20/Penge!  
    Shall we get a date in the diary for a beer then? How's March 15?
    March 22nd is clear in the diary
    22nd works for me.
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 287
    22nd is good! Where abouts?

They've fancied up the Catford Bridge Tavern recently but I've not been in. I do like the idea of Southy Brewery in Penge, but we'd need to book as it's tight in there. Closer to Forest Hill/Honor Oak we have The Honor Oak Pub or Chandos.