Can't access TFB on WiFi

What's Hot
Has The Fretboard recently been reclassified as an adult website? I can no longer access it on my WiFi and my network (Three) say the only resolution is to turn off the adult content filter, which I don't want to do. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 790
    Question for @digitalscream ;

Probably also move this to the Help and Feedback cat 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    Moved
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26626
    edited July 2023
    Lebarque said:
    Has The Fretboard recently been reclassified as an adult website? I can no longer access it on my WiFi and my network (Three) say the only resolution is to turn off the adult content filter, which I don't want to do. 
    No, it hasn't - but Three's adult content filter is irrevocably broken and they refuse to fix it.

I've been through this at length with them, and they accept that it's a problem relating to their filter software, but they won't a) fix it, or b) tell me what I need to do to get around the problem.

I strongly suspect it's something to do with the SSL handshake, perhaps something that their filter doesn't like about the SSL certificate we're using, but without more information all I could possibly do is keep buying SSL certs from different suppliers until I find one that works. I'm not really willing to spend that much money on a wild goose chase, to be honest - funds are tight enough as it is without dropping a few hundred on more expensive certs in the hope that it might fix a problem with someone else's black box software.

It's worth noting that this was always a problem with their 4G connections (in some geographical areas), and this is the first time I've heard of it occurring on their broadband connections.

Sorry...basically, without them ponying up some actual technical info, there's not a lot I can do
    <space for hire>
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    Lebarque said:
    No, it hasn't - but Three's adult content filter is irrevocably broken and they refuse to fix it.

I've been through this at length with them, and they accept that it's a problem relating to their filter software, but they won't a) fix it, or b) tell me what I need to do to get around the problem.

I strongly suspect it's something to do with the SSL handshake, perhaps something that their filter doesn't like about the SSL certificate we're using, but without more information all I could possibly do is keep buying SSL certs from different suppliers until I find one that works. I'm not really willing to spend that much money on a wild goose chase, to be honest - funds are tight enough as it is without dropping a few hundred on more expensive certs in the hope that it might fix a problem with someone else's black box software.

It's worth noting that this was always a problem with their 4G connections (in some geographical areas), and this is the first time I've heard of it occurring on their broadband connections.

Sorry...basically, without them ponying up some actual technical info, there's not a lot I can do
    Thanks for this. Good to know it's not just me! It's my mobile broadband / MiFi thing that's affected. The weird thing is, it only started happening a few weeks ago. It was fine before that. Annoying. Typically, the clueless chap in the Three call centre said  it's not their fault - they use standard adult content filters and it's up to websites how they classify themselves. I thought I might be able to unblock this website, like you can with browsers, but no.
    @digitalscream Quick update. Unfortunately I can now no longer access TFB on my Three mobile phone connection as well as my Three mobile broadband connection.

Currently connected to my son's hotspot.

So that looks like the end for me on here unfortunately. Very sad times. Not sure what @fastonebaz will do without me. Sniff.

Sorry if I don't respond. I can't!
  • Lebarque said:
    @digitalscream Quick update. Unfortunately I can now no longer access TFB on my Three mobile phone connection as well as my Three mobile broadband connection.

So that looks like the end for me on here unfortunately. Very sad times. Not sure what @fastonebaz will do without me. Sniff.

Well, if you read this, you could always grab yourself a free/cheap VPN connection - that should sort out all problems because it'll completely bypass Three's crappy infrastructure.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Noooooooooo  @Lebarque ;  who else am I gonna mock relentlessly?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lebarque said:

Well, if you read this, you could always grab yourself a free/cheap VPN connection - that should sort out all problems because it'll completely bypass Three's crappy infrastructure.
    Bingo! Working like a treat with Surfshark VPN. Thanks so much @digitalscream . My short-lived hiatus is over and I can return to baiting @fastonebaz .
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4106
    edited September 2023
    This is outrageous,  everyone knows @Lebarque wears ladies knickers. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Lebarque said:
    Lebarque said:

Bingo! Working like a treat with Surfshark VPN. Thanks so much @digitalscream . My short-lived hiatus is over and I can return to baiting @fastonebaz .
    Wow, you move fast.

Also...phew!
    <space for hire>
    Wiz duly awarded
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lebarque said:
    Wiz duly awarded
    I'll let my mum know she doesn't need them back.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom