Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

ThorpyFX Special Projects

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28496
    I'm not sure I get it.

I can pay £250, £300, or £750 for something, but I don't get to know what it is until it arrives? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Is mr.thorpy doing mystery box tiktoks?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1503
    Sporky said:
    I'm not sure I get it.

I can pay £250, £300, or £750 for something, but I don't get to know what it is until it arrives? 
    Distance selling means you get to rerun if you can’t flip…I mean don’t like it 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Sporky said:
    I'm not sure I get it.

That is exactly what is being offered
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5282
    edited July 2023
    tone1 said:
    I’m lost?? What’s occurring?  B
    Marketing !!  Very exciting stuff from @ThorpyFX ;
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6196
    tFB Trader
    roberty said:
    Sporky said:
    I'm not sure I get it.

That is exactly what is being offered
    This can be boiled down to anything i guess, it's not supposed to annoy people though. purely a voluntary exercise.

When we have done limited runs in the past,  they have been released into the market and we have received LOTS of emails from people that have missed out and then watched the pedals flipped online.

I cant control that, it's part of the way things are in all sales endeavours. I could have done A N Other run of boneyards... but i don't want to, that will evolve into something else down the line that is not limited. 

All this is, is a small amount of pedals offered to the people that follow us, support us and tend to miss out. It's was only published on my facebook group with an explanation. 

There are 20x SP1, 20x SP2, 10x SP3 no pressure to buy on anyone and im trying to make it as fun and rewarding process as possible. 

Basically i have had an absolute mare of a year dealing with some horrendous family stuff. This has compressed my release schedule and would have punted these into 2025 if i had let it happen. This is my way of catching up and having fun  with projects that i HOPE people will love as much as i do. 

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    I'll be disappointed if one of them isnt named 'Tube Alloys' ;)
    My quiver of Thorpy's (should the collective noun be a 'bomb rack', a 'detonation' or an 'armament'???) is sadly lacking a new purchase. Perhaps it is time to change that?

Not having a dig @ThorpyFX, I think it's a good idea and you will fill those limited spaces easily. It is clear that people trust you to design great pedals
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1244
    ThorpyFX said:

When we have done limited runs in the past,  they have been released into the market and we have received LOTS of emails from people that have missed out and then watched the pedals flipped online.

What are they expecting you to do, do another limited run just for them, or hope you've "kept a few back" just for those who miss out?

I missed the Fallout BC108, but that was my own fault. I did comment on a FB post about it, but I wouldn't ever consider emailing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    m_c said:
    ThorpyFX said:

What are they expecting you to do, do another limited run just for them, or hope you've "kept a few back" just for those who miss out?

I missed the Fallout BC108, but that was my own fault. I did comment on a FB post about it, but I wouldn't ever consider emailing you.
    Honestly I don’t know. Maybe it’s frustration. And I understand that.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27133
    I think it's inevitable that anything high quality and with limited availability will lead to frustration. Danocaster has flipped business models umpteen times trying to find a balance.

That said, personally I'm not super keen to put money down on something that I don't even know what it is, though I'll be there on day 1 (with push notifications on my emails!) if anything appeals. I'm assuming these are going to be mostly fuzz-oriented in any case, which isn't my #1 wheelhouse
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11800
    Lots of cool military themed names for secret pedals.

Have Blue
    Aurora
    Rail Gun

And there can never be enough things in the world called "Sea Viper".
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...

Have Blue
    Aurora
    Rail Gun

I'm calling it now...

Introducing the new ThorpyFX "Sharks with Frickin Laser Beams" :D 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

Have Blue
    Aurora
    Rail Gun

I'm calling it now...

Introducing the new ThorpyFX "Sharks with Frickin Laser Beams" :D 
    Nailed it!!  ;) 

but I get your point about not putting money down on stuff that’s not been fully declared. But that’s what the (albeit) limited main run will be about.

This concept is both a fun way to make the main run happen and an opportunity for people to get in early. 
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1244
    The way I see it, is anything limited edition from Thorpy isn't likely to devalue.

Out of the limited edition pedals I've bought, I'm pretty sure I could make a profit on every one of them should I decide to sell them.
    Somewhat ironically, the one I'm most tempted to sell as i just personally cant find a good tone with, is the one everybody else seems to love and would probably make me the most 'profit'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30930
    Fuck it, I promised I'd not say anything but it's a MetalZone clone.

There you are.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    m_c said:
    The way I see it, is anything limited edition from Thorpy isn't likely to devalue.

Out of the limited edition pedals I've bought, I'm pretty sure I could make a profit on every one of them should I decide to sell them.
    Somewhat ironically, the one I'm most tempted to sell as i just personally cant find a good tone with, is the one everybody else seems to love and would probably make me the most 'profit'.
    This of course is the other side to it. 

Question is which one(s) am I most likely to like without any other intel. That's almost the bigger issue! 
    Gassage said:
    Fuck it, I promised I'd not say anything but it's a MetalZone clone.

There you are.
    Germanium metal zone \m/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5175
    I used to be indecisive….now I’m not so sure  B)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is this only on facebook?  I don't have an account there so I've not been able to see what's going on