Fender Acoustisonic question....

Im tempted to grab on of the jazzmaster ones, but one thing I cant find out is can I plug one into a normal 'guitar amp' and use the humbucker as an electric guitar. Can anyone shed any light?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5205
    Yes, you can do that. It ain't gonna feel like a Les Paul though. :)
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    It has the amp modelling baked into the sound that it outputs.  It won't sound like a conventional electric with magnetic pickups.  That doesn't mean that it won't be usable though.

I have the Tele version.  As far as I'm concerned it's mainly a stage electro-acoustic that's more feedback resistant, and that I can put in a gigbag and carry on my bike. 
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3337
    crunchman said:
    It has the amp modelling baked into the sound that it outputs.  It won't sound like a conventional electric with magnetic pickups.  That doesn't mean that it won't be usable though.

I have the Tele version.  As far as I'm concerned it's mainly a stage electro-acoustic that's more feedback resistant, and that I can put in a gigbag and carry on my bike. 
    Yeah thats kind of what I thought. Thanks 
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    Other guitarist in my current band has the Acoustasonic Strat - he uses it through a Roland Cube (electric) guitar amp and both the acoustic and electric voices are entirely usable (if not wildly inspiring) and useful.
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...