2»

Comments

• DavidRDavidR Frets: 754
    Congrats @p90fool That looks fun.

Message here is finding a stunner no longer equates to price in 2023. We have such a choice of instruments and manufacturers that it is an achievable aim, with research and shopping around, to find great guitars downmarket.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 350
    Purdy!  I hope it’s still fun a month or so in.
  • I picked up a used Jim Dandy once but it felt almost 'plastic' like rather than wood. I wasn't impressed at all.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27126
    Lovely! I missed this first time around. 

Though i take umbrage at @Berties "boo dreadnoughts" sentiment, I do love a little mahogany parlor almost as much 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Really like the look of that! Nice one.
  • I picked up a used Jim Dandy once but it felt almost 'plastic' like rather than wood. I wasn't impressed at all.

Who asked?
    Its a forum with an exchange of views,both positive and negative,on a variety of guitar related subjects. My experience is as valid as others and their positive ones. It helps with balance as we all have different styles and tendencies when it comes to choosing,buying and playing our instruments.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31621
    edited August 2023
    I picked up a used Jim Dandy once but it felt almost 'plastic' like rather than wood. I wasn't impressed at all.

Who asked?
    Well I'm the OP and the Jim Dandy was on my shortlist before I bought this one, so I find it interesting to discuss similar guitars. 

Not just interesting in fact, it's essential to me as my location means I buy everything online and rely a lot on the opinions of long standing members here.

Anyway, thanks @guitarjack66 it sounds like I dodged a bullet.