Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    I seem to remember that the actual delay unit in those is a Boss DD-2... although I could be wrong. It does have a DD-2 knob on it though!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rprrpr Frets: 310
    If you played Bass, you could grab this bargain, whilst you're at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    fup me, for that kind of money I'd want a flux capacitor in it so I could actually go back in time to fix my mistakes so it'd only repeat non-mistakes...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WTF??? One could get an AXE FX for that kind of cash which does every delay under the sun

Bonkers!

• danodano Frets: 1594
    ICBM said:
    I seem to remember that the actual delay unit in those is a Boss DD-2... although I could be wrong. It does have a DD-2 knob on it though!
    I believe it is a DD-2 underneath, but you have to supply your own DD-2 though !! Plus a couple of Cornish buffer and a super strong 1970s military style enclosure to make sure it doesn't get damaged in the display case.

I've been watching this item with interest recently, the seller lives a couple of miles from me and I'm tempted to email his to ask to try it out and see 'how' good it really is

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28522
    I love the look of Pete's pedals. Absolutely functional.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Sporky said:
    I love the look of Pete's pedals. Absolutely functional.
    For the money, I'd expect bling.

Gold and diamond, in fact :P
    I'd rather the money went on the sound and the bomb-proof reliability.
  • Sporky;36489" said:
    I'd rather the money went on the sound and the bomb-proof reliability.
    Goes without saying. You get both with a boss dd2 as standard! :D

So that leaves us with over 1600 quid left over for the rest... And I reckon the switching would be more reliable on the boss as standard - they're totally bomb proof.
    Pete's stuff is intended for use every day on tour, so while the Boss switching is indeed pretty decent his is likely to be even more resilient.

It is a lot of money, and I have little doubt you could find something that sounds as good or better for less money; you're paying for Pete's expertise in building kit that just won't ever go wrong. Also it's got extra knobs, and that's got to mean it's better, right? ;)

I think it's best to look at this vs any other pedal as a racing car vs a very fast production car - the former will be 10 to 100 times as expensive, partly because it just can't fail and partly because of how it had to be made.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72500
    Annoyingly enough you don't get bomb-proof reliability with a DD-2 - and you won't with this pedal either, because the failures (two I can remember) I've come across in DD-2s have been the main delay chip, which will be exactly the same in this.

The difference is that - at least if you're the original owner - with Pete Cornish's pro rigs, if something fails he'll be on the next plane to wherever you are on your world tour to fix it, and that's factored into the original purchase price. I seem to remember that coming up when people were having a go at the board he built for Pete Townshend which comprised three Boss pedals and a tuner, and came in at several thousand quid...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Izzackly - his stuff isn't intended for anyone who doesn't need that level of service.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    Do I get a discount if Easyjet flies within 50 miles of my house?