SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Bargain price drops! Delta Tri-cone Resonator

What's Hot
razorbillrazorbill Frets: 86
edited December 2023 in Acoustics £
I am based in Newcastle Upon Tyne and would be open to meeting locally or arranging shipping! 

Delta Wood Body Tri-cone De-luxe (£1850 £1695)

A truly stunning tri-cone that is a hesitant list, but just isn't getting enough use to warrant keeping. This specific guitar was featured in Guitarist Magazine. I've heard it side-to-side with a National Tricone and it sounds just as good as an M1, with similar fit and finish, at a fraction of the cost. Crafted in the UK by John Anderson. I chatted with him over the phone when buying the guitar last year and he is a great guy

Update since I last listed and withdrew this: it has had a professional setup/full health check by Steve Evans (Beltona Guitars) in Leeds and plays better than ever. That said I have a Fine Resophonic Dobro that is a better fit for me and after some consideration cannot justify keeping them both

Some specs: 
  • Laminated mahogany body
  • 3 piece mahogany neck
  • Schaller machine head tuners 
  • Bone nut (46.5mm)
  • Pearloid Slotted Headstock 
  • Ebony fingerboard 
  • Diamond shaped pearloid fret markets 
  • Iveroid binding
  • Aluminum Tri-bridge
  • 3x6" cones 

More pics: https://imgur.com/a/FhribYI

Polak Robin Nolan Triple-X (£1800
NOW SOLD

A special guitar that I'm only looking to part with because I'm playing my electrics much more often and would probably prefer a d-hole gypsy jazz guitar down the line for personal aesthetic reasons, stupid I know. Handbuilt in Israel to the highest standard. The lightest guitar I've ever owned, genuinely feather light--will have put it on a scale later on today. I've used the guitar with a removable pickguard so there is no wear around the soundhole from playing, no fretwear to speak of either. Setup to an excellent standard by The Guitar Workshop in Glasgow

Full info here: https://www.polak-gypsyguitars.com/product-page/beginners

Some specs:
  • 15 y.o. Brazilian walnut body
  • 5A European Spruce top
  • Maple Mahogany binding on front and back
  • 5pc maple mahogany neck 
  • 43mm nut width 
  • ebony fretboard
  • 22 jumbo frets
  • Upgraded with a polak proprietary piezo pickup in the bridge (£250 add on)
Also comes with a Hiscox Pro-II Gypsy Jazz hard case that I bought as the original case was lacking imo. This thing is bomb proof 

With how sturdy the case is packed well I would be comfortable shipping this insured or local collection/meetups like always  

More pics: https://imgur.com/a/8Qutzh1

Michael Messer Lighting (£575)
Lightning now sold!
Great guitar in practically brand new condition, I just own too many resonators and something has to go! Purchased directly from Michael brand new last year, setup is still just as it left Dave King and is perfect for both fingerstyle and slide playing

Some specs:
  • Spun aluminium cone
  • Three-on-a-strip open tuners
  • Nickel plated body with 1930s lightning-bolt sandblasted design
  • Mahogany neck
  • 12 fret join to the body
  • Blackwood Tek bound fretboard
  • Bone nut
  • Maple bridge
  • Comes with pod style case (which is genuinely excellent and has straps to wear as a backpack too) 

Guild 1995 Artist Award Archtop (£4250 SOLD)

Here is an awesome guitar I am foolishly considering parting with. It has truly stunning fit/finish, sounds great both acoustically and plugged in, and is easily to play. The best guitar that Guild USA made. Just looking to try something new and can't afford to keep everything! 

The Artist Award is in excellent condition for its age. Per the serial no. it was made in 1995 at Guild's factory in Westerly, RI. It has recently had a full setup/look over by Sam at McClaren Guitars in North Yorkshire. He also levelled all of the frets and adjusted the action so that the guitar is very easy to play. I had Aaron Armstrong hand-wind a pickup for the Guild (https://www.armstrongmusic.co.uk/electronics-and-pickups-c17/kent-armstrong-guitar-pickups-c100/armstrong-handmade-uk-pickups-c982/kent-armstrong-handmade-uk-handwound-paf-resin-cast-12-pole-side-mount-black-p24394) and Sam installed that. I still have the original pickup which would be an easy swap back if preferred.

I’m looking for £4250, which would make this the cheapest AA in the world I think. Guild is not making any more of these too. 

Larrivee OM-40R (£1300 now sold)

I have owned the Larrivee for around a year and it was originally purchased from Merchant City Music in Glasgow. My reason for moving the guitar on is, after comparing the Larrivee to other guitars, I don't think the sitka/rosewood combo is what I am looking for. 

That said, it sounds absolutely superb! I would keep hold of it if I wasn't trying to trim down in general 

I would consider a trade for an all-mahogany acoustic, cash adjustment either way

Some specs:
- Sitka spruce top
- Indian rosewood back and sides 
- Maple neck
- Ebony fretboard/bridge/headplate

All photos: https://imgur.com/a/8ijerVd
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Lovely. Do you have an approximate trade value? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ArchieArchie Frets: 0
    Hi.

I’m looking for a Guild AA.
    I have a Guild D70 from the early 1980’s that I can use as part trade, if you’re interested?
    The Guild D70 is or was westerly’s flagship acoustic and only made for around 4 years. To put it in perspective, the D50 has always been Guilds flagship dreadnaught and this is a D70. The numbering system denoting price and quality. 

I also have some other fantastic archtops I’m looking to sell including a 1967 DE400 (essentially a slimline X-175). 

PM me and we’ll swap numbers and chat. 

Regards

• razorbillrazorbill Frets: 86
    camf said:
    Lovely. Do you have an approximate trade value? 
    Sure! The guitar owes me £4250

and @Archie thanks for the offers. I’ll have to take a look and pm you. I was ideally looking for a trade for something along the lines of a Collings/Froggy bottom/top-end Larrivee etc. or UK Luthier (ie. Bown). The USA Guild acoustics are top notch though 

The DE400 is lovely but I’m set for electric archtops 
    Added a FS option due to the genuinely surprising amount of interest and the usual logistical difficulties of a trade 
    Merged a few listings for convenience! 
    bump
    Artist Award sold, Messer and Robin Nolan still available 
    Price drops on the MM/RN and Delta Resonator added
    lowered prices again as I need the cash B)
  • appreciate all of the interest, happy to answer questions/price shipping 
  • delabdelab Frets: 12
    If anybody is on the look out for a Brass/ Nickel plated resonator you would have to spend a lot of money to better the Lightning.  I had an NRP 12 fret 'o' style for a short time before returning it and buying a Lightning.  The Lightning sounds just as good to my ears, a lot cheaper and very authentic to the original National String Instrument 'o' styles (slightly narrower body depth).  The NRP was slightly better finished but other than that there was very little in it.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • delab said:
    If anybody is on the look out for a Brass/ Nickel plated resonator you would have to spend a lot of money to better the Lightning.  I had an NRP 12 fret 'o' style for a short time before returning it and buying a Lightning.  The Lightning sounds just as good to my ears, a lot cheaper and very authentic to the original National String Instrument 'o' styles (slightly narrower body depth).  The NRP was slightly better finished but other than that there was very little in it.  
    It is definitely an excellent guitar and I’ll miss it. 

Now sold, as well! 
  • Bump
  • Well these are very cool and have to say the specs on that first one are really good in particular.. that looks really good. GLWTS !
  • Thanks Thomas! 

edit: post reformatted for clarity, Larrivee added 
  • No worries, good sir.. a grand collection you've got. Can't beat Larrivee for the price point and whether a rosewood or hog fan, great guitars. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Larrivee now sold! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump. Would consider near offers :) 
  • Bump
  • I gotta tell you Razorbill - I like your taste in guitars and basses!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom