SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Fryette PS-2

Jim54Jim54 Frets: 257
edited July 2023 in Amps £
Thinking of picking one of these up to use with a couple of amps at their (higher volume) sweet spot and then reduce volume to more manageable levels, Could also use it with my Kemper too I guess.

What do any users here think of them and anyone considering selling one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jim54Jim54 Frets: 257
    Anyone thinking of selling?
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3348
    Jim54 said:
    Thinking of picking one of these up to use with a couple of amps at their (higher volume) sweet spot and then reduce volume to more manageable levels, Could also use it with my Kemper too I guess.

What do any users here think of them and anyone considering selling one?
    It's been part of my gigging setup for five years now with various amps...love it!
    Thanks, the vast majority of comments I have read have been very positive (best purchase I have ever made etc.!)
  • JalfreziJalfrezi Frets: 58
    I'm pretty impressed with mine, makes my Lightning sound good at loud home volumes.  Currently experimenting with using it with a Revival Drive into the line in, and looking like this will make my main amp redundant.  Although also going to try a Pedal Baby, which may mean I move on the PS
    my trading feedback HERE
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3348
    Jalfrezi said:
    I'm pretty impressed with mine, makes my Lightning sound good at loud home volumes.  Currently experimenting with using it with a Revival Drive into the line in, and looking like this will make my main amp redundant.  Although also going to try a Pedal Baby, which may mean I move on the PS
    Some form of emulation into the line-in would be a good backup solution for me...I've just never bothered with it! Instead, I carry a spare amp head...so that's three amps including the PS-2 ;)

I tend to run smallish amps...but I don't run clean...so I'm always attenuating them with the PS.

I split my pedalboard into two rows: one straight into the front of the amp and the other running in the PS effects loop after the amp (a great place for a solo boost).
  • JalfreziJalfrezi Frets: 58
    edited July 2023
    Jim54 said:
    Anyone thinking of selling?
    @Jim54 ;  Mine is available now:  Fryette Powerstation PS-2A
    my trading feedback HERE
    Thanks Jalfrezi, only just saw this as I've been laid low with broken ribs after a mountain biking mishap.  I'll message you.
  • NickBNickB Frets: 268
    I use mine with my Cornell Romany 12 to make it giggable (we have a loud drummist). Well worth it imho