SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

****SOLD**** Martin J41 Special Edition, reluctant sale, fabulous & rare. PRICE DROP £4250!!

What's Hot
Dyldog16Dyldog16 Frets: 3
edited October 2023 in Acoustics £
***SOLD***  Martin J41, very rare, well played in & totally opened up. It's currently on UK ebay but will list pics in this listing when I've worked out how to do it. I'm relatively new on this forum but you can tell by my ebay feedback that I'm 100% reliable. No neg feedback in 21 years. I've spent most of my online dealings on USA forums like the AGF & UMGF where I have impeccable references under neildealdylan. Until I list photos, feel free to PM me or check out my ebay listing. Hope the wording is acceptable to the moderators.
Just to emphasise, I would never dream of letting this one go if it wasn't for the V neck profile. It's a sensational guitar, incredibly rare & much sought after. Questions welcome.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8714

Picture 1 of 12

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dyldog16Dyldog16 Frets: 3
    Just to emphasise that I'm open to offers on this one, due to ebay commissions etc. No one will be disappointed in it, it's a fabulously versatile guitar & had it not been for the V neck profile, I'd keep it forever! I've just found a much cheaper guitar which I'd like to buy and justify the "one in one out policy" pledge to the wife!
  • Thought I'd bump this one to the top. Received a few low ball offers & as much as I'm open to offers (due to ebay costs etc) this is an incredibly top end Martin, a real rare collector's item, less than 200 were ever made & they're in great demand in the USA. This guitar is tonally wide open due to huge playtime, it is uber responsive & LOUD! I played it alongside a Martin J40 a few weeks ago and seriously....there was no comparison. This J41 blew it away in ever aspect & if it wasn't for the V profile (which just aggravates my incipient O/A in left thumb) then I'd never sell it. It's fabulous & if you like that special added bling then it's someone's perfect guitar! Feel free to PM me with any questions.
  • Another bump for this incredibly special & rare Martin. Been playing it alongside my others, including my Martin HJ38 Stefan Grossman model. In truth, if it wasn't for the neck profile then I would be selling the HJ38SG instead. Love the Martin growl on this one & much louder than any J40 I've played AND also the HJ38SG too. Although in no hurry to offload this, it deserves to be played more simply because it just hurts my left thumb & I steer clear of it now. I'm sure no one else will have the same problem, it's just the V profile. The HJ38SG has a reputation for being chunky & rotund but it's no problem to me due to the roundness. The J41 is thinner but the V is the killer with me due to the arthritis. Feel free to PM or call me with questions. No one will be disappointed with this one!
  • Price drop to £4250 for forum members. In no hurry to sell this sublime Martin BUT if sold quickly then I would be tempted to reinvest the cash in another acoustic....to quell the GAS & create wifey mayhem!
  • Bump this one again. As much as I don't want to sell this one, I'd consider a part trade with a Martin J40 reimagined model. It would overlap tonally with my Martin HJ38SG but they have very playable necks. I'd never sell this J41 if it wasn't for the slight V profile, any V simply kills my thumb. No one will be disappointed in this incredibly rare special edition Martin.
  • If anyone is interested in this rare guitar, I'd encourage someone to reach out sometime in the next few weeks as there has been an enormous amount of interest in it. There are 22 watchers on eBay anyway BUT if I'd been willing to take this guitar down to the Abbey Road Studios in London last week then this would be have been sold.to an international artist & producer. And 2 others have expressed strong interest since then. The international recording artist & producer will be back in the Abbey Road Studios again next month & he's asked me to bring it down to the studios. My work itinerary may well allow that to happen next month. I'm sure he will be impressed enough to buy it....if I can make the journey. So, although I don't need the money nor am in a hurry to sell this spetacular Martin, it does deserve to be played by someone who has no issues with V neck profiles....so bump it up again.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sold!
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4106
    Was it the neck profile that made it sell in the end?
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5051
    Was it the neck profile that made it sell in the end?
    Good question. Jumbo bodied Martins always seem to be a harder sell than dreads or smaller bodied models, ditto 41s over 42s. Congrats on the sale!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • There was a lot of interest in the J41 Special Edition but because of my 50:50 attitude towards selling it, I didn't actively pursue selling it. The buyer has given me first dibs on buying it back should he flip it onwards again. He seemed to be very happy with it & I doubt that I will see it again. If I were to buy it back then I would definitely shave out the V profile.
    The vast majority of players don't seem to have a problem with V profiles as I do & the buyer seemed to have no issues with it either even with small hands. I also own a rare Martin HJ38 Stefan Grossman Ltd Edition in Madi & they are well known for the slightly rotund neck profile. It is a truly exceptional guitar, different as chalk/cheese tonally compared to the J41 Special editions (altho' both have the 0000 body size). In a perfect world I would have kept both because the J41 had the Martin growl & snarl whilst the HJ38SG is an exemplary fingerstyle player with a more sophisticated nuance. If given the choice to keep one, it would have been the J41 though. Superb guitar in every way except, on a personal note, the pronounced V profile! Hope that answers your question.