4 track looper pedal

A project I’ve been thinking about for a few months is making a looper that explores some of the Gibson/Oberheim Echoplex ideas which a lot of loopers seem to ignore. 

I’d like to use slider potentiometers to control windowing and have 4 simultaneous tracks. 

I’ve done a bit of digging, and it seems like a Teeny 4.1 dev board and audio adapter are going to make sense as the brains.

I’m a programmer by trade, so reasonably happy to do a fair bit of coding, but was curious as to whether there were other boards that might make more sense to look at for this project.

also I had my heart set on using sliders with 2 controls per track (a start and end which can swap places). Does such a potentiometer exist? I’ve been shopping round and can’t find one, though initially it’s not really going to matter what I use. 

This isn’t something I plan to start until the winter, but just thought I should start learning/researching what’s involved 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• personalnadirpersonalnadir Frets: 355
    I've finally started on my journey to play around with a bit of DSP and get this looper idea going. The original idea has morphed somewhat since my original post - I'm now aiming for a single looping track, but with more controls on it.

What I've gone for in the end is an Electrosmith Pod - it gives me stereo audio in and out, phones out, midi in, a DSP library which seems fairly easy to use and crucially 65mb of memory. I'm not sure how much memory the Ditto and RC-1 have by comparison, but I think the 65mb, I think could push it out to 20min of looping time, which is more than I need for this project.

I've got a basic program which can do pitch shifting, filtering and looping. Next step is to put the soldering course together and start add more controls so I can start to expand the functionality

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom