Voting for Solo of the Month (SotM) #96

Welcome to the voting thread for Solo of the Month (SotM) #96. Feel free to vote and comment in this thread.

Thanks to @susbemol for this backing track

Vote for your top 3 entries. If you're an entrant you can't vote for yourself.

1st choice gets 5 points
2nd choice gets 3 points
3rd choice gets 1 point

Voting will end at midnight 31st July 2023.

The top three will be announced after the voting closes. No prizes. It's just for fun.

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited July 2023
    Oops, a bit premature as entry closes tonight at midnight. So, if anyone else wants to send an entry before midnight, feel free.

It's not a competition.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4101
    @digitalkettle ;5pts a masterpiece of composition and patience getting everything just right from tempo, timing to phrasing to fades etc. Super creative. Well played. Mixing was great, wish i get mine with so much fidelity.

@stratman3142 3pts laid back, kept me chrious as to what was coming

@susbemol 1pt i struggled to work out what type of vibe the backing trqck was calling for and here susbemol revealed it in all its splendor.  

Honourable mentions for @flying_pie ; really loved the cyborg tones and felt a space theme was quite fitting actually, and @Bellycaster very cool ideas in the first section, captured my focus fully. 

• susbemolsusbemol Frets: 400
    5pts - @digitalkettle - lovely call & response idea giving the two parts some space before the more intense ending.
    3 pts - @flying_pie - nice tone and generally the right vibe for the backing track, imho.
    1 pt - @Bellycaster - another good fit, following similar dynamics as the backing track.
    5 points : @digitalkettle : Atmospheric spacey slide. Good layered ideas and tones. Dynamic with a good build up towards the end. Good fit to the backing.

3 points : @flying_pie : Nice sound effects and textures from the guitar. Fat sound. Atmospheric. Another good fit to the backing.

1 point : @susbemol : Gave things a jazzy acoustic slant. Good tones and feel. Had a kind of Earl Klugh vibe to it.

It's not a competition.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5856
    Well done everyone, this was quite a challenge indeed.

5 Points @susbemol - Loved the Acoustic approach, it really filled out the track. Shades of Knopfler in there. Nice touches.

3 Points @digitalkettle - Nice Big sound and great texturing and layering, great runs toward the close.

1 Point @flying_pie - I enjoyed the dramatic nature of it, simple but effective in places. Nicely built up throughout.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    Yet again, it's a challenge to narrow it down to just three

5 points @digitalkettle - for me this fitted that best.  Loved the last section where it really kicked in

3 points @susbemol - would never have thought of acoustic but it worked really well and excellent playing

Choosing 1 point was really tough. In the end @bellycaster just edged out @stratman3142 and his easy listening take, @fastonebaz with the melodic harmonies 
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3251
    edited July 2023
    5 pts - @susbemol - I've been trying to be brave enough to do an acoustic entry for a while! Great tone...as mentioned above: reminiscent of LoG-era Knopfler in places

3 pts - @Bellycaster - full of neat ideas...like the rhythmic phrases (e.g. around 0:10)...builds to a crescendo with the ascending legato stuff

1 pt - and a measly one point goes to...erm...always difficult [flips a three-sided coin]...to @stratman3142 with the super ungreasy tone, gentle pace, and Steve Howe ending
    Voting closes tonight at midnight.

It's not a competition.
  • Voting closed.

It's not a competition.