Chase Bliss x Empress

What's Hot
keirkeir Frets: 137
Announcement tomorrow…….
Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KultscharKultschar Frets: 43
    Interesting - a delay in the CXM format?
  • KultscharKultschar Frets: 43
    Ah - standard pedal size
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    edited July 2023
    Who knows what it could be! Will be interesting to see tomorrow. 

Got a little space on my board next to my warped vinyl that I shouldn’t really be looking to fill. 
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    edited July 2023
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 921
    Sounds cool, bit Count to 5 ish maybe?
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    Only the knobs demo online so far and they are all too bleep bloop for me to base a decision on. 

Can’t fault Chase Bliss though, their output is immense and the new batch model makes sense. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    Even the Chas Bliss User Group on FB are struggling to find a reason to get it, this is a niche on niche on niche pedal....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 921
    I feel like, with a lot of these types of pedals, someone with better knowledge than me of MaxMSP or Ableton Live could probably get pretty close with their laptop. Or the Zoia/Beebo things. Although I do like the physical Chase Bliss interface.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27006
    I’d have loved an Echosystem with a better UI. 

That said I don’t think CB are the people to go to if “easy-to-use” is the main objective 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

That said I don’t think CB are the people to go to if “easy-to-use” is the main objective 
    CBA are for tinkers, studio musicians and experimental sounds.  I love their pedals, sounds great, but i've moved away from diving into the depths of them for a while now.

I also think...the Boss pedal is pretty much end game for analogue delay, even though it's bigger.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • AlunAlun Frets: 124
    Seems to have a fair bit of crossover with the Mood, but a little simpler due to the lack of clock and microlooper. Love the sounds from the demo but not sure if I'd pick one up yet. Will have a think.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788

I absolutely love these kinds of pedals and I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't order one before the deadline.

I decided yesterday that ten Telecasters is plenty, and while I'd like that new Boss GM800 a grand is more than I have to spend right now.

Having said that, I agree that it wouldn't be that hard to knock up something similar on a Beebo, and with two Moods, a Mood II, two Habits and a Thermae I probably have more pedals that do those sorts of sounds than is necessary anyway ;)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5424
    I’m interested, but not sure if I’m $399 + shipping and taxes interested…
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27006

CBA are for tinkers, studio musicians and experimental sounds.  I love their pedals, sounds great, but i've moved away from diving into the depths of them for a while now.

I also think...the Boss pedal is pretty much end game for analogue delay, even though it's bigger.
    Yeah I get it. I just like the sounds but don’t have anywhere near the time or energy to learn how to work the pedals, which is a shame. 

The Boss thing does look great. I’m still reasonably interested in the Suhr one as well but that still seems to be unobtainium after a couple of years.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Some cool sounds, but also some of the CB sounds are becoming a bit of an obvious CB sound....like 'plinky plonky modulated delay - played 3 notes on guitar -  pedal generated a million notes'....again not a bad thing but occasionally I find it  a bit 'cheesy'.

I love creating soundscapes and pure chaos, but I can see some of this getting lost on the mix. More of a studio tool?

My focus is the Boss DM-101 - seen the prices drop to £429 in some stores....once it gets near £400 in a sale i'll bite.
    Some cool sounds, but also some of the CB sounds are becoming a bit of an obvious CB sound....like 'plinky plonky modulated delay - played 3 notes on guitar -  pedal generated a million notes'....again not a bad thing but occasionally I find it  a bit 'cheesy'.

I love creating soundscapes and pure chaos, but I can see some of this getting lost on the mix. More of a studio tool?

My focus is the Boss DM-101 - seen the prices drop to £429 in some stores....once it gets near £400 in a sale i'll bite.
    Same...and i don't know how and when i am ever going to use that, or when i am learning a song, ever going to even need that plinky plonky sound.

The Boss pedal on sale....that would be the one.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    See, I'm probably the exact target demographic for this pedal. I loved my empress Superdelay, and particularly reverse Mode C. It was a response / the only real comparable sound to mode 7 on the Boss PS-3....which is another desert island pedal of mine and an ever-present on my board, used somewhere on basically everything I've ever recorded. 

And there's the problem. I still have the Boss, and it's integral to a lot of tracks for both Rich List and Gallops live. I could probably programme a replicant patch on this at great difficulty and time expense, but that seems kind of counter-intuitive given the financial outlay required for this pedal. (you'd have to assume on £400 landed I'd guess?) Then there are tedious other considerations like it needing 270ma to run etc etc. I'd love one in principle and I reckon I could get a stack of use out of it if I had the time or finances to invest in it, but it's a big ol' jump on both counts. 
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    I don’t think the Knobs demo’s do the pedals any favours. He kinda makes everything sound the same.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788
    See, I'm probably the exact target demographic for this pedal. I loved my empress Superdelay, and particularly reverse Mode C. It was a response / the only real comparable sound to mode 7 on the Boss PS-3....which is another desert island pedal of mine and an ever-present on my board, used somewhere on basically everything I've ever recorded. 

And there's the problem. I still have the Boss, and it's integral to a lot of tracks for both Rich List and Gallops live. I could probably programme a replicant patch on this at great difficulty and time expense, but that seems kind of counter-intuitive given the financial outlay required for this pedal. (you'd have to assume on £400 landed I'd guess?) Then there are tedious other considerations like it needing 270ma to run etc etc. I'd love one in principle and I reckon I could get a stack of use out of it if I had the time or finances to invest in it, but it's a big ol' jump on both counts. 

£380 ;)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister