SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted Martin Authentic - possibly pre war guitar company

What's Hot
GandalphGandalph Frets: 1581
edited August 2023 in Acoustics £
Hi all, long awaited new build on something maybe cancelled/on hold.
Anyone selling a Martin Authentic Series or a Pre-War Guitar Company?
Smaller bodied preferred. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• camfcamf Frets: 1191
    That sounds like there’s disappointment involved. Bummer. Hope you find something good soon. 

All the best,

Cam
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1581
    edited July 2023
    Thank you Cam, 

Yes a 9 month wait has turned into nearly 18 months. First guitar arrived in time but wasn't quite what I ordered...that was down to a misunderstanding between me and TNAG. Second one came but was damaged on the way to TNAG (these things happen). They pushed through a third and that's just arrived and for some reason unbeknown to me or TNAG they've applied a toner that wasn't ordered. 
    First world problems I know but thought I'd see what else is out there while weighing up options....accept the one they've made with the toner, have another one built or decide it's just
    not meant to be and move on. 
    The joys! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5270
    Sounds like a right saga Jon,  sorry to hear it,  I can heartily recommend a small bodied Atkin if mine is anything to go by, its superb 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mgaw said:
    Sounds like a right saga Jon,  sorry to hear it,  I can heartily recommend a small bodied Atkin if mine is anything to go by, its superb 
    Thanks Mark, I see Coda have a used OO37S for sale that looks interesting. Off to London next week so I might stop off on the way. 
  • Toms_DadToms_Dad Frets: 170
    What @mgaw says. I bought an Atkin O-37S at Xmas.  It's fantastic.  Beautifully built, sounds great, looks like a pre-war Martin that has been in its case for the last 70 years.  It has ended my search for an acoustic.
  • PCT57PCT57 Frets: 40
    There's a PWGC guitar for sale near me but it's a dread. Let me know if you're interested.
    edited July 2023
    PCT57 said:
    There's a PWGC guitar for sale near me but it's a dread. Let me know if you're interested.
    Yes I have seen that, not looking for a dread. Appreciation the input though