Got a new laptop, now time for a new interface....for sw monitoring through guitar plugins

What's Hot
Just got a new M2 MacBook Air, which means I've now got something which has potential for software monitoring through guitar plugins. So...what's the best interface for that? I don't need more than two inputs but what I really want is the lowest possible latency. 

Flexible on budget. What do I need? PreSonus Quantum seems to fit the bill but has way more inputs than I need....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6153
    RME for low latency and driver quality? Not cheap, though. UCX or Babyface Pro?

Julian Krause is about the only guy who routinely tests (properly_ and does RTL tests. See here: 

• LewyLewy Frets: 4213
    goldtop said:
    RME for low latency and driver quality? Not cheap, though. UCX or Babyface Pro?

Julian Krause is about the only guy who routinely tests (properly_ and does RTL tests. See here: 

Very informative - thanks!
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I’d go Motu M2,/M4 I think you have to spend quite a bit more to get appreciably better and the headphone out is really good to my ears. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    I'm a big fan of the Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 Mk II interface. Brilliant IMO, and the software bundle is great too.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    I have a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 that I’m enjoying. Super easy, nice and small. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4213
    Thanks for the suggestions, all
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    edited August 2023
    Another vote for Focusrite, works a treat with my Mac 
  • RME.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6818
    edited August 2023
    Snap said:
    I'm a big fan of the Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 Mk II interface. Brilliant IMO, and the software bundle is great too.
    I’ve got a Mk1 and it does have random clicks and interference type noises every so often. Seemed to be a common problem in the forums when I looked for a solution.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Piggybacking on this, I'm looking at a Focusrite Scarlett Solo. Why would I need more than one input if I'm just noodling and recording myself at home?