Booming bass strings on the piezo pickup of Godin Multiac guitars

TimcitoTimcito Frets: 796
Has anyone else found this to be an issue? I've found on Godin Multiac nylon string guitars and on my steel-string Multiac Spectrum the bass E and A strings can be overpowering using the piezo pickup. My Spectrum is fine when I use the synth and just the magnetic pickup, but the acoustic piezo sound gets muddied and overwhelmed by the power and endless sustain on those bass strings.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7326
    I've had that with several piezo equipped steel and nylon strung guitars, and I've had to use a graphic equaliser to selectively reduce the overpowering frequencies.  I've never owned a Godin though.
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 754
    edited August 2023
    Just a thought, and not a helpful one if you need to be precisely in tune, but have you tried tuning the instrument up (or down) a semitone? Across all the strings obviously. This might take your troublesome E and A off some overly resonant frequencies, or it might not! Might do other things to tone too, which you may or may not like. And it might not work of course! :-)
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 796
    DavidR said:
    Just a thought, and not a helpful one if you need to be precisely in tune, but have you tried tuning the instrument up (or down) a semitone? Across all the strings obviously. This might take your troublesome E and A off some overly resonant frequencies, or it might not! Might do other things to tone too, which you may or may not like. And it might not work of course! :-)
    I can give that a try, thanks.

Actually, this morning I picked up delivery of a very cheap acoustic practice amp ($48 discounted) in the Acoustic series and just hooked my Spectrum up to it. Now this is an amp of just 15 watts compared to my Fishman SoloAmp, which powers 200, I think. The boom isn't there on the practice amp; it is there on the SoloAmp, even at low volumes.

So, it could be something to do with the SoloAmp, although my Eastman 000 seems fine through it.