Les Paul Junior bass

What's Hot
fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5053
I don’t play bass, but if I did this would be the kind of bass I’d play. Lovely!

https://www.coda-music.com/secondhand/gibson-les-paul-junior-tribute-dc-bass-ebony-secondhand.html
250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MartinBushMartinBush Frets: 254
    That also comes with the "original giggerly bag".

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16733
    i did a fretless through-neck junior style bass many moons ago - apologies for the poor quality pic

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14491
    I spy DiMarzio Model 1. :)

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • **see Les Paul neck break thread**
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14491
    On reflection, I might find the way that a LP DC bass hangs on a strap offputting.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    On reflection, I might find the way that a LP DC bass hangs on a strap offputting.
    i was worried about that when making my version. It's nowhere near as bad as I expected, but would have been terrible with the strap button in the usual SC place  
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 490
    I bought that bass! I kicked myself for not buying one when most of the shops were doing a blown up prices, I tried one on Andertons when they came out, plays nice, the pickup is very versatile with the split coil, great bass so when I saw it at CODA I just jumped in, can't wait to play it, probably will replace the thunderbird pickup cover for a chrome one and get a better bridge (babicz or Hipshot).
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Funkfingers I just found a  better pic of the bass I made, on a strap to show balance.  I was pretty happy with that, especially since it has a 34" scale so is longer than a Gibson.  

Note the Gibson version also has a top horn strap button, which is unusual for them

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5053
    Dumodal said:
    I bought that bass! I kicked myself for not buying one when most of the shops were doing a blown up prices, I tried one on Andertons when they came out, plays nice, the pickup is very versatile with the split coil, great bass so when I saw it at CODA I just jumped in, can't wait to play it, probably will replace the thunderbird pickup cover for a chrome one and get a better bridge (babicz or Hipshot).
    Nice one, good score.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 490
    Dumodal said:
    Nice one, good score.
    It is a nice one, changed the bridge to a Babicz, chrome pickup cover, more vintage look knobs and flats!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom